Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Kit

+1

Exhaust Kit

hey anybody know whats the go with this product?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riva-Water-Box-0418.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	293017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riva-Free-Flow-Exhaust-0418.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	293018  

+1
    its an exhaust kit for the rich and famous that want to be heard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miami heat View Post
    hey anybody know whats the go with this product?
    I just installed the FF tailpiece and pipe without the Riva WB....haven't tested or heard it yet..want it a little louder...But not a lot louder...will see...

+1
    and in performance

Banned User
    +1
    and in performance
    There is zero performance gain zero zilch nada. The pipe itself is actually smaller inside diameter then the stock piece.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    and in performance
    There is zero performance gain zero zilch nada. The pipe itself is actually smaller inside diameter then the stock piece.
    Maybe on the 300x, but it is definantly bigger on the 250x. I had my existing water box exit nozzle removed for a bigger pipe to allow fitment. However I never ran it because my engine and exhaust had to remain stock for racing, so I removed it all brought another stock water box and have the riva free flow and my modded water box sat round collecting dust.

I didn't buy for perfomance gains, but was going to fit the exhaust filter and in my mind I thought that I would slighly increase back pressure because of this, so planned on fitting the free flow with my modded water box to even things up again by reducing back pressure further down the line.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwakmat View Post
    and in performance
    Maybe on the 300x, but it is definantly bigger on the 250x. I had my existing water box exit nozzle removed for a bigger pipe to allow fitment. However I never ran it because my engine and exhaust had to remain stock for racing, so I removed it all brought another stock water box and have the riva free flow and my modded water box sat round collecting dust.

I didn't buy for perfomance gains, but was going to fit the exhaust filter and in my mind I thought that I would slighly increase back pressure because of this, so planned on fitting the free flow with my modded water box to even things up again by reducing back pressure further down the line.
    Ummmmm. It's not a issue on any other ski and people have removed there exh filter on there 300s only to find out it made less then no difference if u want sound buy it if you want performance don't.

If you had a 08 250 then that's why it was bigger. They reduced the size that year.

07's & 08's have the smaller diameter rear part of exhaust, hence the need for the Riva water box or coupler required for fitment. I think the 09 260x didn't need the modded water box as they diameter was upped, but not 100% sure?

Totaly agree no performance gains from it, however a lower back pressure reduces the risk of detanation, but if your ski is detonating stock you have an issue.

Banned User
    +1
    07's & 08's have the smaller diameter rear part of exhaust, hence the need for the Riva water box or coupler required for fitment. I think the 09 260x didn't need the modded water box as they diameter was upped, but not 100% sure?

Totaly agree no performance gains from it, however a lower back pressure reduces the risk of detanation, but if your ski is detonating stock you have an issue.
    Wrong 07 is bigger then 08 trust me I have the parts and both skis to prove It. Then for the 260 it went back to the size of the 2007 and the 300 remains the same as the 07. 08 was an odd duck year when they tried to raise back pressure because they got rid of the secondary waterbox. They made both the outlet and rubber u bend hose smaller diameter.

+1

Wrong 07 is bigger then 08 trust me I have the parts and both skis to prove It. Then for the 260 it went back to the size of the 2007 and the 300 remains the same as the 07. 08 was an odd duck year when they tried to raise back pressure because they got rid of the secondary waterbox. They made both the outlet and rubber u bend hose smaller diameter.
    Yup
    I have an 08 stock waterbox and an 07 gutted one
    My 08 has a lot smaller outlet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information