Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some help before a purchase

I have been looking at getting into a Jetski or PWC as you guys call it but feel like the sales guys are pushing me around and I simply can't get the information I need to make a decision based on my needs. No doubt you probably hear this often but it seems like at least on this site I can get some independent advice without $$$ influencing everything.

What I am looking for is in order;

1) Ability to handle the ocean, basically I will be using it for cruising around islands and fishing where the sea can pick up quickly
    2) Fuel economy obviously these boats use heaps of fuel but being able to make long distance trips is important and I don't want to be breaking the bank when I can avoid it
    3) Need to be able to seat 2 people comfortably and have space for gear
    4) Be able to tow a water skier/blow up biscuit
    5) Speed, this may be related to number four however as this will be used in the ocean going lightning fast is not a high priority....aslong as I have the grunt to pull a skier/wake boarder that is as fast as it needs to be

So with all that in mind could anyone give me some recommendations on the models/brands I should be looking at so I can at least go back to the dealership with some idea of what I should be looking at.
    Many Thanks J

+1
    Kawasaki Ultra LX. Not the 300LX. I am talking about the non supercharger Ultra.
    Positives
    The best offshore hull, Largest fuel tank, Highest storage capacity, Very comfortable with multiple passengers, Can easily pull a tube, VERY reliable engine that requires very little care.

Negatives
    One of the slower 4 stroke non supercharged skis. out the box top speed can range from 52-56.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...scid=23&id=709
    Check around at your near by dealerships. You can get a left over for a very good price. The dealership I use has one VERY cheap brand new.

+1
    You want reliability and all the points you raised? Yamaha FX HO or FX HO Cruiser.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Kawasaki Ultra LX. Not the 300LX. I am talking about the non supercharger Ultra.
    Positives
    The best offshore hull, Largest fuel tank, Highest storage capacity, Very comfortable with multiple passengers, Can easily pull a tube, VERY reliable engine that requires very little care.

Negatives
    One of the slower 4 stroke non supercharged skis. out the box top speed can range from 52-56.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...scid=23&id=709
    Check around at your near by dealerships. You can get a left over for a very good price. The dealership I use has one VERY cheap brand new.
    X2 best ocean hull and very reliable with little maint needed. You will not find a better ocean craft and when it gets rough you will be glad your on a ultra and not a yam Or doo. If you where a lake rider only or did not care about the best offshore use then the yam might be a better choice. The Lx is also super simple with no sophisticated electronics to mess up. Good luck with your search.

What is the X2? I will have to go to a Kawasaki dealer and look into the Ultra.

Thanks so much for the advice, it really is all about the best option for rough conditions!

Also what years are the best to look for?

+1
    I had an Ultra LX, I sold it and went with a Yamaha. They do have good hulls, however so does the Yamaha. The Kawi was much heavier and slower compared to the yami. Have a look at both skis and if possible, see if you can take them for a ride. Both are great ski's, I have found yamaha to have better quality skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibs88 View Post

Thanks so much for the advice, it really is all about the best option for rough conditions!
    X2 means times two...The second poster agress with the original poster

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibs88 View Post

X2 means times two...The second poster agress with the original poster
    Or he could have been recommending the old school Kawasaki X-2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jet-ski-moto-kawasaki-x2-nueva-10500-oportunidad_MLA-F-3742865178_012013.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	293082

+1
    Kawi Ultra LX or Yamaha FX HO both seem to fit your bill - I'd go with which ever you can negotiate the best deal for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information