+1

2012 fx sho cruiser vin vs primary id question

Hello group, firstly thanks for all the info. I finally put a deposit on a 2012 fx sho cruiser. The salesman knows the vin number (yama...)but not a primary Id. You can check the generation of clutch by the primary id. If larger than f2s803100 are gen 3, if less its a gen 2 supercharger clutch. What do you look on to find the primary id?? Salesmen and me for that matter don't know where to look. I want a gen 3 clutch but I'm at a loss as to where to look. Is it stamped on the block somewhere?? Please educate me some more! I will post picks of the new toy when I pick her up. It won't be long now...
    thanks for a place to exchange knowledge.

+1
    Two ways to get Pri Id. On the Manafacture statement of orgin has both the hull id as well as the Pri Id # on it. Also the Pri Id # is a sticker located on the inside of the hull close to the motor aera. Hope it is a gen 3 clutch one. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Thanks Tommy. The clutch is a 3rd gen 0804xxx so I should be good. I got the triton elite trailer so far. I will pick up the ski Tuesday. It's a pretty sweet trailer. It will look better when the sho cruiser is mounted. Come on spring time. It's time to play. I decided to get the sho for more power. The ho met all my needs but who doesn't want to be faster... When I had my boat it sucked to be passed. The last thing you think about at that moment is I get better gas mileage. I guess now its time to start thinking about life vests, ropes, bumpers, fluid film...mods...hmmm. This I kinda like getting married you think the engagement ring is the only payment then you order more check books as time goes on. Hehehe

Thread Information