Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

05 rxt need help bone stock bike where do i start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a 05 RXT 107HRS What would u do first to get more POWER PLEASE HELP..Not scared to spend money just need help on where to start first..So please let me here from ya because we don't have any shops around here and I hope that this forum can help me with that heard alot of great things about this forum and the guys on it so I'm waiting on ya to let me no where to start....I no about the SC taking it off this weekend to send to jerry to do a complete rebuild because its never been touched....NOT EVEN WASHERS

+1
    Nice looking ski. Welcome to the forum. The first thing you probably should do is to read the thread posted in the sticky's section about early year valve failures. It is probably not the most encouraging mod but none the less an important one. The valves in the head of this year engine are know to fail without warning. The only precaution is to change them before they fail. That year is also know to shear flywheel bolt off. These are definitely not performance mods so to speak, but they are things to consider if you do plan on modding further. These are the most important first mods for you to maintain a long lasting reliable "bad ass fast as hell" jet ski. That being said this forum is a endless supply of great modding info. The people here a great and really knowledgeable. Start digging though the posts from end to beginning, and you'll find all that you need. Post up as you have questions and most will chime in. If the ski was cheap enough...and you don't want to dump money as previously mentioned...that okay too....but, as most will agree, it is cheaper to fix now then after it blows...BOOM!(As another member would say!)

+1
    Thanx a lot for the info thats the first someone has ever said that to me about those two things you had mention. looks like i need to do some digging in it..what would u say about doing this kit on this ski..
    RIVA stage1 Kit...

RIVA Top-Loader Intake Grate
    Solas R-Series Concord Impeller
    SRX-CD-14/17R
    RIVA Pump Wedge
    RIVA O.P.A.S. Competition Kit

+1
    Honestly, the grate does help with hookup in rough water. the rest not worth it at this point. Dump your 215 charger for and x-charger and some 42lb injectors. that will really wake it up. Then pick a prop to go with it. Probably a 14/19r to start. Night and day difference after those beginner mods. You'll love it! Totally safe as well...

+1
    THANX i really don't no where to start i here so many different things i got about 1500.00 i can drop this week what would be the first thing to buy?

+1
    Do the valves and the fly wheel bolts first. If you add power to that ski without doing those upgrades then either the valves or the flywheel bolts will break.
    Spend your $$$ on those 1st. Then $$$ for performance upgrades.

+1
    x charger, Bosch 42's, 14/19 solas, external intercooler-- Fizzle HE, impeller tool, new oem wear ring, dyi 160 thermostat mod, 1 gallon of antifreeze, change oil. Small adjustment to impeller to bring the RPM down to 8100-8150. You can still use the oem air intake that will keep your AFRs in line, so you don't need a RRFPR and stay on budget.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Check the charger out and go ride the shit

+1
    ya it sounds like i need to do those two things because I'm herring a lot of people saying u put mods on it without doing it one of those two r going to break..... what do u think it would cost to do those too...

+1
    I have 42's from my 09 RXP-X... Don't know if they will work in your ski or not but... I would sell them cheap if you need 42's (i"m going to 48's)

Ripper

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information