Thread: Question

+1

Question

Hey guys, I'm installing a boost gauge on my ski, I took the side panels off and removed the foam that was there while I was doing the install. Do I have to worry about a lot of water getting into the ski now that foam is gone ? Also while the side panels are off, is there anything else I should do before I button the ski up ? What performance gains if any do I get by removing the foam ?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    Hey guys, I'm installing a boost gauge on my ski, I took the side panels off and removed the foam that was there while I was doing the install. Do I have to worry about a lot of water getting into the ski now that foam is gone ? Also while the side panels are off, is there anything else I should do before I button the ski up ? What performance gains if any do I get by removing the foam ?

removing foam inserts will allow more air flow into hull........a must for modified ski's

+1
    Don't even worry about it because the fake vents are close. There is no way you could get water in there.. I remove the foams and added an extra hole for more air and i ride in ocean when i finish riding there is not water in the hull....

+1
    Where did you add the extra hole ? What about adding some Flow Rite Vents in the rear of the ski ? Like one on each side of the rear to vent the hull of hot air.... Don't know if I have the balls to cut 2 huge holes in the rear of my ski...I've heard they rip pretty easy, not good for flotation...lol

+1
    Where did you add the extra hole ? What about adding some Flow Rite Vents in the rear of the ski ? Like one on each side of the rear to vent the hull of hot air.... Don't know if I have the balls to cut 2 huge holes in the rear of my ski...I've heard they rip pretty easy, not good for flotation...lol
    I wouldn't cut the rear to add flow rides just remove the foams and also remove the hose inside the obstruct the air.. there is a thread in here that shows the location to add the extra vents and it will look like oem.. here it's http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=155543&page=4 post#32 that's the location to add the extra hole for air .

I put two of the flow-rites in the front where the foam was removed. I put two more in the rear. The two in the rear flow a lot of hot air when under way, even at low speeds.

+1
    I have done the flow rites. They do flow a lot of hot air out the rear.

+1
    Here's a pic of my Boost Gauge installed, I have a R&D port adapter on the MAP sensor, that's where I tapped off of to get my boost reading....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boost Gauge.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	293167  

Thread Information