Help. oil on spark plugs gtx 4tec

So ski has not been rode or cranked in 2 weeks. Before that, it has ran great. No problems at all. Ski has +- 235 hours. Today I ran it for about 3 minutes on the trailer. Within an hour. As I was checking the spark plugs. The plugs in cylinders 1 and 3 had oil on them. And not just a drop or two. Middle cylinder plug was dry. So, my question is this normal? Should I worry? What can I do to see if there is a problem? Thanks

Btw, ski is an 03 GTX 4tec SC

+1
    Was there oil on the top side of the plugs or below the threads where it fires?
    The bucket the plugs sit in has a seal around the top that keeps oil out and if there was oil on the top side of the plugs then that seal went bad.

Oil on threads. Only in cylinder 1 and 3. When I went riding about 2 weeks ago. There was no hesitation or backfiring or anything unusual.

+1
    valve cover gasket is leaking oil down the spark plug holes. when you unscrew the plug, the oil runs down the threads

Oil on threads. Only in cylinder 1 and 3. When I went riding about 2 weeks ago. There was no hesitation or backfiring or anything unusual.

Don't know why that reposted. I didn't see any sign of oil in the tubes. I'll check again. I was afraid of a piston ring or leaking valve seal. Hopefully that's all it is. How would oil get there to start with. Considering I haven't changed the oil recently and engine is pretty clean? Sorry. I new to these 4tecs.

+1
    The valve cover has seals around each spark plug tube. When the seals leak, oil splashes around in the head and makes its way down the spark plug tubes where it stays until you take the spark plugs out. it gets on the threads and drains into the cylinders. its usually only a small amount. nothing too serious

Sounds good. Thanks for the help and quick reply.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1192 View Post
    Sounds good. Thanks for the help and quick reply.
    If you put your hand in the exhaust water when it's running on the trailer and it comes out feeling like anything besides normal water then it's time to start poking around for issues.

Thread Information