Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 95 Seadoo SPX

95 Seadoo SPX

Hi couple questions I just bought a new vts mod and I know my motor works, when i plug it to a battery it runs but in the ski it only twitches when i hit the vts switch up and down somethimes it will work is it the motor or something else thanks s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST SPX View Post
    Hi couple questions I just bought a new vts mod and I know my motor works, when i plug it to a battery it runs but in the ski it only twitches when i hit the vts switch up and down somethimes it will work is it the motor or something else thanks s
    It could be the vts switch or a bad connection, have you checked them?

yea,check the connections. my cousins ski had a touchy button,it would go down but not up.

That's what this does it goes up but not down the switch works but it just clicks, then sometime when I am hitting the button it will go down.

sounds like the vts buttons are corroded and in need of replacement..

is the cover cracked? his was cracked,let water in. he fixed it by shooting some wd40 in it but it came back,thats when he got a used setup and swapped it out.

OK update so I just looked at the vts again motor works good, When I sprayed the WD40 into the switch housing it started melting my purple switch lmfao, the vts mod clicks and the motor twitches the motor will go up and down everything works great but if I take the vts all the way up or down it seems like it jams up and the it won't work anymore it will then just click nd the motor will twitch why when it goes down or up all the way it does this I have to stop the vts right before going all the way u or down

+1
    OK update so I just looked at the vts again motor works good, When I sprayed the WD40 into the switch housing it started melting my purple switch lmfao, the vts mod clicks and the motor twitches the motor will go up and down everything works great but if I take the vts all the way up or down it seems like it jams up and the it won't work anymore it will then just click nd the motor will twitch why when it goes down or up all the way it does this I have to stop the vts right before going all the way u or down
    Sounds like an overtravel problem, do you have a shop manual? There is supposed to be a sensor to stop the trim at the maximum positions

I don't have a manual but do you know where the sensor would be at

+1
    I don't have a manual but do you know where the sensor would be at
    I will check my manual when i get home and see. I believe there are magnets involved tho to sense the trim position.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information