Novi 48's and tripple pipes on gpr

hey just wondering if anyone out there has set up a gpr with novi 48's and tripple pipes and had any dramas with it in the process. Im tossing up to run the stock carbs rejetted or run a pair of novis. A guy here in aus who used to build these back in 02 recons that if i dont run av gas then i will blow it up. I personally dont think that should happen if i use premium fuel and keep the compression at a safe level and jet the carby correct but thats my opinion , also he was running 3 thou piston to cylinder clearance which to me sounds way to tight i will be running nearly double that clearance. Alson he says it might tune and run nice one day but if the humidity and temp changes the following day i will have to tune it nearly every time i ride it . Anyone expreience this problem ? i understand when where talking about summer and winter ,or sea level to elevation , if anyone can help me out and give me there input that would be muvh appreciated

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancoggo View Post
    hey just wondering if anyone out there has set up a gpr with novi 48's and tripple pipes and had any dramas with it in the process. Im tossing up to run the stock carbs rejetted or run a pair of novis. A guy here in aus who used to build these back in 02 recons that if i dont run av gas then i will blow it up. I personally dont think that should happen if i use premium fuel and keep the compression at a safe level and jet the carby correct but thats my opinion , also he was running 3 thou piston to cylinder clearance which to me sounds way to tight i will be running nearly double that clearance. Alson he says it might tune and run nice one day but if the humidity and temp changes the following day i will have to tune it nearly every time i ride it . Anyone expreience this problem ? i understand when where talking about summer and winter ,or sea level to elevation , if anyone can help me out and give me there input that would be muvh appreciated
    You can set it up to run pump gas, no problem. As your question about squish and cranking compression...you should be ok at 150lbs. compres. The NOVI's will give you more top-end and fairly easy to tune once you get them dialed in with proper initial jetting. It becomes a turning screw tune after that. There are a lot of posts on here about baselines and where to start, take notes once you start so you don't re-visit a problem twice. You won't have to change jetting specs from day to day, don't know where he got that from. Elevation changes, yes..but not day to day changes.

The only thing really is watching the pipes themselves, they can crack and if you notice and immediate drop in rpm's, it will be because of that or pv's dropping/breaking. If you keep and eye on pipe stays, brackets and couplers, you will be ok. Nothing accelerates like a triple pipe in 2 stroke land...nothing.

You can effectively have an 80mph ski when all is said and done...just do your research on here, having to do with triple pipes and what to do to keep them happy.

Thanks for the advice mate I've been reading posts on here for over a year now and just been buying and studying on all the best parts and setups , was just worried when old mate was telling me about the novis . Can't wait to have this girl on the water . Probs be atleast 6 moths of building but atleas I can take my time and do it right

+1
    Thanks for the advice mate I've been reading posts on here for over a year now and just been buying and studying on all the best parts and setups , was just worried when old mate was telling me about the novis . Can't wait to have this girl on the water . Probs be atleast 6 moths of building but atleas I can take my time and do it right
    The NOVI's will hit like a mofo compared to the OEM"s...especially with triple pipes. Just re-read some old triple pipe post and get a feel at what works best for your set-up. Just keep an eye on the triple pipes, they can be quirky to work with. Once you know what to expect and how to check/change things on them, it's a breeze and you will have a monster at your disposal. Triples are good for getting your heart rate up when you accelerate!

Do they still have that life time warranty of they crack still ? The guy I bought them off had them welded up he told me they crack around the flanges . Do you know if you have to do a pump pressure relief without the 2 inch extension ?

+1
    Do they still have that life time warranty of they crack still ? The guy I bought them off had them welded up he told me they crack around the flanges . Do you know if you have to do a pump pressure relief without the 2 inch extension ?
    I am not sure they still service the triple pipes or not...give them a call.

The pressure relief will help if you have a problem with the over-stuffing of the pump with a bigger bore/porting/stroking etc...run it like it is first then if the ski goes squirrely on you, you might have a problem. Hundreds of skis have run with triple pipes and NO pump relief.

Alright beautiful I'll give that a go then

+1
    Alright beautiful I'll give that a go then
    he help lots of people,sorry to he not longer with us
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30369

Hey mate getting closer to finishing my build and I'm wondering if you would have a baseline jetting for the following mods . Rebuilt t/w crank , pro pistons ,riva 150psi heads ,vforce reeds with custom manifold and boost bottle ,novi 48 carbs with external pumps, rnd computer running the curve with the least total timing 8 deg , factory tripple pipes and will be running on pump gas at sea level . I'm thinking 115 pilots 145 mains 2.0 n/s 95g spring ,lows 1:1/2 highs 1:1/2 and a 100 return jet . Any input would be great just want somewhere to start that should be safe and dial it in from there , I hear if your way off with the novis they can be a pain to get right

+1
    PM "Jay" on here - he's run a triple GPR for years and knows everything about them.

Thread Information