Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RIVA Stage 1 Question

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy the RIVA stage 1 kit for my 09 FZS with the plan to continue on to the stage 2 later. Is it worth it to order the aftermarket intercooler upgrade, BOV kit and through hull exhuast now or will this lessen performance of the stage 1? If there are other parts that my money would be better spent on let me know, thanks.

+1
    IMO, a blowoff/surge valve is a must on a supercharged ski. I would at least buy that at a minimum.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sno2planker View Post
    Hi all,
    I am looking to buy the RIVA stage 1 kit for my 09 FZS with the plan to continue on to the stage 2 later. Is it worth it to order the aftermarket intercooler upgrade, BOV kit and through hull exhuast now or will this lessen performance of the stage 1? If there are other parts that my money would be better spent on let me know, thanks.
    Welcome to the forum!

They would actually increase performance on the stage 1.
    As Fasttimez mentioned, you definitely want to run a BOV on a modified ski.

Also, don't forget the greenhulk coupon code when shopping in the forums online store to save some $$$ off the listed prices

+1
    Hi all,
    Save your money and do the riva intake, ribbon delete and thru hull with a vx ride plate modded by Jim and you will be faster than a stage l. BOV will save your clutch. When your ready to do your intercooler,buy an aftermarket one.

5. +1 by:

the riva stage kits are a great starting point for a novice rider but you can almost always get better speed for the money selecting individual parts.the small gains an intercooler upgrade will yield on your near stock ski wont justify the cost.buy the riva intake,bov,ribbon delete,thru hull and have jim's performance here on the forum set you up with a good ride plate and repitched prop.later if you decide to increase boost an intercooler will greatly benefit you.

Thanks for all advice, I got a good deal on a Riva plate and intake grate so those are on the way. Im trying to keep my budget around 1700 and still get the most speed.

+1
    Thanks for all advice, I got a good deal on a Riva plate and intake grate so those are on the way. Im trying to keep my budget around 1700 and still get the most speed.
    Do a flash, intake and ribbon delete

+1
    How will the stock impeller perform with a flash, ribbon delete, rear exit exhaust, intake, ride plate & intake grate? Or what pitch is recommended?

+1
    With the ribbon removed and an intake you're deff gonna be on the limiter, Jim can do a repitch of your stock impeller go solve that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside518 View Post
    How will the stock impeller perform with a flash, ribbon delete, rear exit exhaust, intake, ride plate & intake grate? Or what pitch is recommended?
    Jim did a buddy's of mine ski with that same set-up in your signature minus the cone and with my stock repitched prop and his ski ran pretty good like 76-77 mph turning 8600 rpm. I do not remember the pitch. For some reason 13/17 comes to my mind.

The thread below is an old one that Jim did when my ski had an aftermarket intercooler with stock wheel set-up:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=bad+numbers

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information