Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

AFR/FPR setting questioN

So I've wiped out 2 o2 sensors both within 1 minute of running. I know it's not a water jacket issue and I can still smell the cleaning products from the exhaust. I'm fouling them out. I will check the plugs for oil before I take it out Sunday but the water coming out is clean, just potent smelly.

So I have my base pressure set at 60 and was waiting to see where my AFRs were before adding the reference line. If my idle and mids were okay then I'd just tap the TB. You know how it goes.

So the Q is should I be fine running at 60# base without my reference line on my sled for a day not knowing my AFRs? It's not much different than people running an X SC with 42s and stock IC except the cam torque plate and exhaust. Also what is factory pressure? Mods are first post page 4

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=192129&page=4

+1
    OEM fuel pressure is 58+/- PSI. What did you clean? and what did you use??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    OEM fuel pressure is 58+/- PSI. What did you clean? and what did you use??
    Engine was apart. Pistons w/ SeaFoam DeepCreep then CRC degreaser(got some grease on one working on it) SC with CRC-656. TB with CRC-656. Head was coated in SeaFoam Spray for storage and cleaning.

+1
    The tuning guy in me says I will be just fine since I am over factory pressure and not too far off from what a bunch of people are running. I just love hearing it from people who have done it a bunch and ran similar setups. Helps me not over think it

Banned User
    +1
    imo i feel 60 base with a stock xcharger is rich with a internal ic . you have posted no afr numbers so my opinion is mute as well as anyone else without actual numbers.checking plugs is always the first step in finding out where you stand right away.i would be very tomid running that motor until you can get them afrs reading.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabobber View Post
    imo i feel 60 base with a stock xcharger is rich with a internal ic . you have posted no afr numbers so my opinion is mute as well as anyone else without actual numbers.checking plugs is always the first step in finding out where you stand right away.i would be very tomid running that motor until you can get them afrs reading.
    I know but I have to run it to burn off all the shit inside the engine. Could you get a newly built cammed toy in the water, shooting for a record and resist the urge to romp on it?

+1
    Should be rich, but good enough to burn off some of the crap that is in your motor before you install a new o2 sensor.

+1
    can't read plugs on these boosted 4-tecs.

+1
    no but it would tell me if there's a shit bit of oil getting in. A small enough amount could foul out the o2 and not be detectable in the exhaust

If the mixture in the driveway was far enough out to kill an O2 sensor, it would show up as fat on the plugs.

Andy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information