Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 951 Vs 787

+1

951 Vs 787

After reading some post here and on other forums a question has come to my mind.
    Sorry for my ignorance but seems that the 787 engines can deliver more power (properly modded) than the 951. Is that a fact? Read that this 787 can go over 74 mph+ and there are more performance parts for them that for the 951. I still love my RX but on older post I've dreamnt on hitting 70++ with a 951 but want to know if that could be more acheivable with a modified 787.

Cheers..

I wish factory pipe would resume making twins for the 951....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuminaZX View Post
    So FP is not making them any more? I never got the most power of them. Got dissapointed. By that time I wasn't a good reader LOL... I belive there is a member here that with a 1050 from Miller is hitting 74 but how much $$ has he spent.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AndinoWatercraft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuminaZX View Post
    So FP is not making them any more? I never got the most power of them. Got dissapointed. By that time I wasn't a good reader LOL... I belive there is a member here that with a 1050 from Miller is hitting 74 but how much $$ has he spent.
    Thats an 1125 Q stroker motor that WICKEDSEADOO has. Probably making 200 hp or more, and no its not cheap when you start going all out (ask me how I know). I dont think youre going to make near that power with a 787, you can make up for it with a smaller lighter hull though. Also, there are tons of performance parts out there for the 951 even though they are getting harder to find in good shape.

+1
    951 x4. Most awesome combo ever

+1
    The 951 will always be superior the the 787. You will spend just as much on a 787 and the 951 will kill it.

+1
    Great info guys! Thanks.

Not planning on getting in to a 787 . It's just that since for the 787 comes the triple port cyls and some other parts like many more brands for pipes ,heads, ignitions that I have not seen for the 951 . Also some post on other places that with NOS they can get some extra power and handled better than the 951 engines ,those things got me thinking.

Still loving my RX and will try to build a fun rec ride by the end of year so in 2014 i can get wet again and stop being a spectator LOL....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    The 951 will always be superior the the 787. You will spend just as much on a 787 and the 951 will kill it.
    +1 you can never to wrong with more cc.

+1
    Sseadoo also made a 951 motor with triple ports-- VERY RARE and EXPENSIVE. Seadoo single ring 88 mm race pistons for the racers. If you really want a triple port 951, they can be made by the right machine shop and it too will be expensive. Tunnel ported cases, stroker cranks 3, 4, 6 and 8 mm. 3, 4, 4.5 over bore w/ modified skirts. Coffmans GSXL type pipe and XPL type, Rossier, Factory RXX pipes, Factor long chamber twins and shorts, variety of carbs, reeds, intakes, water boxes, modified stock water boxes, remapped mpems, total loss ignitions, junk micro touchs, brass and plastic oem pumps, 5 different skat pump combonation-- veins, setback, non setback, 148 & 152 mm, every possible impeller thought of made for each pump by each manufacture-- oem swirls, oem nujets, skat swirls, x props, concords, dynaflys, nujets. After market nozzles, rings, ti fastener fastener packages for the motors, head combonations that go on and on, flat top pistons w/ domes to match.

In the end, here is a video of PimpinXPs 8 mm stroker running 92 mm pistons, race gas, factory short pipes, 48 novi carbs, skat pump w/ x impeller, stock sponsons,97 XP ride plate, lightweight carbon fiber haul components, haul venting, 50 hp shot of nitrous and all the standard stuff-- you get the idea-- everything that could be done on an almost unlimited buget to make a fast straight line, lightweight, sacrifice all handling setup. I spoke to him that day and he rode with Mel Miller-- he said his ski was consistantly quicker and faster than Mels. It would run 74-75 typically in perfect conditions.

Here is a video of him racing JD1 at the world finals of 06-- JD1's ski setup for closed course:

The first race was when JD1 thought he had to be ready, the 2nd race he hit the gas for a second to get off the line and then waited for Dan (pimpinxp) to catch up before he hit the gas again to make for a closer finish...

I love the 2 strokes just as much as you guys-- I have 26 of them (and 8 4 strokes), but why not give these 4 strokes a try I had an 07 RXP last year running a consistant 76 mph on GPS w/ highs of 77+ on the good weather days w/ less than $2000 in mods. This was without sacrificing handling, holeshot, reliability and pump gas safe. I have full confidence that this 07 RXP would have won (with a commanding lead) if raced against the XPL in the video in the same type of race with similiar conditions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Sseadoo also made a 951 motor with triple ports-- VERY RARE and EXPENSIVE. Seadoo single ring 88 mm race pistons for the racers. If you really want a triple port 951, they can be made by the right machine shop and it too will be expensive. Tunnel ported cases, stroker cranks 3, 4, 6 and 8 mm. 3, 4, 4.5 over bore w/ modified skirts. Coffmans GSXL type pipe and XPL type, Rossier, Factory RXX pipes, Factor long chamber twins and shorts, variety of carbs, reeds, intakes, water boxes, modified stock water boxes, remapped mpems, total loss ignitions, junk micro touchs, brass and plastic oem pumps, 5 different skat pump combonation-- veins, setback, non setback, 148 & 152 mm, every possible impeller thought of made for each pump by each manufacture-- oem swirls, oem nujets, skat swirls, x props, concords, dynaflys, nujets. After market nozzles, rings, ti fastener fastener packages for the motors, head combonations that go on and on, flat top pistons w/ domes to match.

In the end, here is a video of PimpinXPs 8 mm stroker running 92 mm pistons, race gas, factory short pipes, 48 novi carbs, skat pump w/ x impeller, stock sponsons,97 XP ride plate, lightweight carbon fiber haul components, haul venting, 50 hp shot of nitrous and all the standard stuff-- you get the idea-- everything that could be done on an almost unlimited buget to make a fast straight line, lightweight, sacrifice all handling setup. I spoke to him that day and he rode with Mel Miller-- he said his ski was consistantly quicker and faster than Mels. It would run 74-75 typically in perfect conditions.

Here is a video of him racing JD1 at the world finals of 06-- JD1's ski setup for closed course:

The first race was when JD1 thought he had to be ready, the 2nd race he hit the gas for a second to get off the line and then waited for Dan (pimpinxp) to catch up before he hit the gas again to make for a closer finish...

I love the 2 strokes just as much as you guys-- I have 26 of them (and 8 4 strokes), but why not give these 4 strokes a try I had an 07 RXP last year running a consistant 76 mph on GPS w/ highs of 77+ on the good weather days w/ less than $2000 in mods. This was without sacrificing handling, holeshot, reliability and pump gas safe. I have full confidence that this 07 RXP would have won (with a commanding lead) if raced against the XPL in the video in the same type of race with similiar conditions.

Thank's Jim. Even thoug I worked at a delaership from 2000-2005 By that time I wasn't that much of a reader or enthusiast of watercrafts. Since 2009 all of that changed. Wasn't aware that Micro Touch were bad. Are they?? Have one sitting on the secret lab waiting on the build. As for the other parts wow!!ll the pipes I knew for the 951 were the FPP, Coffmans & Rossier but did not know the variety for them. These triple port 951 were the famus ''R" enginges?? I'm aware that most of this parts are considered old school hard to find parts since the arrival of the 4-tecs. That's my long term goal. But for now will stick to the two strokes. To bad the youtube video has problems. If you had another please post. Would be great to see that killer 951 on the run.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information