Thread: Slx1200 mfd

Slx1200 mfd

Hi there,

I brought my SLX with a dead MFD. I have managed to open the display following the guides here: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

The display's board is in bad condition with corrosion around the chips/capacitors. I was thinking about taking the board to a electronics repair shop to see if they can resurrect it.

I have no idea on what is fixable, but with the high prices of used ones, then maybe it's worth a shot?

Has anyone managed to fix theirs that has been water damaged?

+1
    I picked oneup for next to nothing, and when I got it found the MFD screen cracked. and it was full of water. I took it apart, dried the MFD out, hooked it up and nothing....so im assuming its toast.

Banned User
    +1
    I don't know of anyone who has fixes a water damaged one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Now if you know someone who knows how to work on boards. ( I have 2 monitor boards out right now to get fixed) they might be able to fix it. as long as the Diods and and what not are still around, they do have part numbers and Capacitors are well can be found anywhere. but the question is at what cost. if you wait long enough you will find one on sale. Now i believe the problem you are going to have, is that ski most likely has a Fast Trim motor/MFD. those fast trim MFDs are hard to find. and when you do they are expensive, another option is replace the Trim with a slow trim and those MFDs are not as rare. and not as expensive

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Water damaged units are hard to repair. I have yet to be successful. The ones I have tried to repair typically have processor issues where the inputs are damaged or the draw too much power and overheat the 5v regulator. Also, when the take on water, it is normally via the button cable, meaning they will continue to take on water and the wires will corrode.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Now i believe the problem you are going to have, is that ski most likely has a Fast Trim motor/MFD. those fast trim MFDs are hard to find. and when you do they are expensive, another option is replace the Trim with a slow trim and those MFDs are not as rare. and not as expensive
    Ok. If I ended up finding a slow trim MFD and installed it, will this have any affect on the operation of the ski?

Cheers

Banned User
    +1
    No effect at all. If you want the trim gauge to sync up with the trim motor, you would have to install a slow trim motor. I almost find the fast motor to be too fast sometimes. It is difficult to make slight trim adjustments.

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to find a 8 pin MFD. Before I buy the 8pin connector plug, do I need any special tools to slide the pins out?

Cheers

Edit: Found this thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=deutsch

Thanks anyway

Thread Information