Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

NEED HELP! OIL WARNING 2005 rxt

Hello, i have just finished repairing my rxt and went to the lake to test it out and i keep on getting the oil warning when ever i go above 4-5,000 rpm and then i go into limp mod X<3000rpm. i changed the driveshaft and charger, everything was working fine/great before the pump bolt came off, then i replace the drive shaft and then i had to rebuilt the charger so instead, i purchased a rotax racing charger. i need help.

+1
    oil pressure sensor on the block .. make sure to check oil when its hot too

+1
    Did you mess with the PTO housing and or the oil pressure regulator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    oil pressure sensor on the block .. make sure to check oil when its hot too
    both of the sensors? i do not get anycodes, i get the code P-1517 but that has been displayed since i first got the ski, could to much oil cause this issue?

+1
    all i did was install supercharger and replace the shaft, the black tip on the shaft got stuck in there so i had to get it with my finder, but that is it.

Banned User
    +1
    You have 2 sensor clips backwards....On the front of motor, the oil has a wire clip that should have just 1 wire going to it...because it uses the block as a ground....The other to the Green temp sensor on intake, it has 2 wires because its on a plastic manifold, and needs one for power and the other for ground........Been there, done that.

+1
    What are part numbers?, and just wondering, how does the temp sensor affect oil warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You have 2 sensor clips backwards....On the front of motor, the oil has a wire clip that should have just 1 wire going to it...because it uses the block as a ground....The other to the Green temp sensor on intake, it has 2 wires because its on a plastic manifold, and needs one for power and the other for ground........Been there, done that.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cfratt View Post
    What are part numbers?, and just wondering, how does the temp sensor affect oil warning?
    You say you repaired the motor, what did you do? If the wiring up front was disconnected, then that is your starting point.....

When I swapped hulls years ago, I hooked the wiring up as normal...but the front of the motor, both wire connections come out at the exact same spot...look the same...connect the same...You just have to know which one goes where, its a 50/50 shot if you don't know...Mine would idle fine, but once it got on plain it would start to sputter, go into limp mode....Swapped connections, all was good....

+1
    thw repair was the drive shaft and the carbon ring, they were replaced, and none of the wiring/sensors were touched except the waterbox is sensor. I did replace the starter solenoid and the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cfratt View Post
    You say you repaired the motor, what did you do? If the wiring up front was disconnected, then that is your starting point.....

When I swapped hulls years ago, I hooked the wiring up as normal...but the front of the motor, both wire connections come out at the exact same spot...look the same...connect the same...You just have to know which one goes where, its a 50/50 shot if you don't know...Mine would idle fine, but once it got on plain it would start to sputter, go into limp mode....Swapped connections, all was good....
    Last edited by cfratt; 02-23-2013 at 10:54 PM.

sounds like an oil pressure switch. they are rubbish. iv been through 3 of them, and hav now replaced with a toyota sensor and no issues. Definately do a physical oil pressure test though so you can be 100% sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information