Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Octane

Project Octane

This is my first project from Polaris.
    Ive built many Kawasaki, Yamaha and Sea Doo projects before but now Ive got my hands on this one.

Here are a couple of pictures.
    I picked it up really cheap in not running condition and plan on making it whole again.
    The motor wont turn over. Not sure if the engine itself is locked up or if its the pump. Details on that once I get it taken apart.

Please help me out with finding the necessary parts to get this running. Im sure Ill be asking lots of questions along the way.

+1
    Man Your Totally lucky with that find SWEET Ski !!!!!!!! yeah let us know what you need

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Yes, it is a Polaris. Lots of unique things on an Octane, compared to the sit down models. For example, the jet pump is 144mm diameter, smaller than the 148mm pump on the 1994-2004 sit down machines. The stock Octane does not have an idle position on the throttle, but easy to add one.

In addition to the engine issues you may have, many Octanes apparently develop a waterlogged foam problem under the tray. You can possibly find some project threads on GH that outline what needs to be done to fix that issue. More info may be found on the www.x-h20.com forum

Is this Octane stock, or modified?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Yes, it is a Polaris. Lots of unique things on an Octane, compared to the sit down models. For example, the jet pump is 144mm diameter, smaller than the 148mm pump on the 1994-2004 sit down machines. The stock Octane does not have an idle position on the throttle, but easy to add one.

In addition to the engine issues you may have, many Octanes apparently develop a waterlogged foam problem under the tray. You can possibly find some project threads on GH that outline what needs to be done to fix that issue. More info may be found on the www.x-h20.com forum

Thanks for the input. This has Novi carbs with throttle wheels on them. I did not even look to see about stops.

As far as the foam getting wet, I have been told there is a drain I can put in to help.

BTW it also has trim.

Did these come stock with a girdled head? Cause this has one too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdoglouie View Post

Thanks for the input. This has Novi carbs with throttle wheels on them. I did not even look to see about stops.

As far as the foam getting wet, I have been told there is a drain I can put in to help.

BTW it also has trim.

No on the head thats a Watcon Head cover man it SOUNDS SWEET i can't believe you found it Wanna Sell it

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdoglouie View Post

BTW it also has trim.

No on the head thats a Watcon Head cover man it SOUNDS SWEET i can't believe you found it Wanna Sell it
    Not yet!
    I really want ride it before I let it go.
    Give me a little more on the OEM Octane.

This one has a bilge, NOVI CARBS, Factory Pipe, Worx ride plate, "down" trim, Girdled head... Im sure Ill think of more.
    And BTW... Where do you put the fire ext. on one of these? I have to be legal where I ride.

The Super Jet in the pic came with it as a package deal too.

Banned User
    +1
    Now that is an awesome find!!!!!!

+1
    Wow with the superjet man thats Sweet The Novi's and intakes are after market ,contact John Zigler he should have the stuff for the Fire Ext as they didn't come stock with them

and the Jet has an Alum Handpole to boot man your killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!
    and it's a round nose

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Wow with the superjet man thats Sweet The Novi's and intakes are after market ,contact John Zigler he should have the stuff for the Fire Ext as they didn't come stock with them

and the Jet has an Alum Handpole to boot man your killing me !!!!!!!!!!!!
    and it's a round nose
    And it has a girdled head, Factory Pipe, bilge, Worx ride plate, Tiny Tach... and the list goes on... Oh Yeah, that one runs!

+1
    Congrats thats a sweet score.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information