+1

New to Pwc World Need Mechanic!!

I got My ski Around july of this past summer (2004 Polaris Virage 701cc 2-stroke) its my first ski got it from extended extended family so it was a steal i couldn't pass up! My uncle and I replace, cleaned, and lubed up the ski and got it running (very well actually) and had a blast In upstate NY and Brigintean NJ.. Im looking for places in Nj that people have delt with and would recommend doing business with i know most places don't like to work on Polaris since they haven't made skis since 04 but ill look into that...

Any help finding reputable shops would be more than appreciated from my fellow jerseyans

Thanks again!
    Garry

+1
    Hi Garry, I no longer own a Polaris ... but when I did it was a hell of a lot of fun "fast & wiley" Ha Ha .... if you can turn a wrench & dont mind getting a little dirty I bet you can work on your ski yourself ... there sure are a lot of knowledgable Polaris owners on this site more than willing to offer help ... whenever you need it Besides it is fun and you will get a real sense of how your ski works & runs. Good Luck and welcome to the HULK

Banned User
    +1
    What do you need done to it? Im sure we can help.

Lodi/Beach Haven West, New Jersey, United States
    +1
    Me and i know a couple others would recomend Lacey Power Sports. Hes the only one that really works on mine outside of what i can do,even though i am not big on wrenching myself, but he is who i highly recomend. 609-693-8485 and his name is Chris if you are interesed. He is off of lacey Rd. exit 74 GSP on Rt 9 (near the home depot).

+1
    Well I will be attempting to do as much work as I can but for the stuff I can't do or I'm uncomfortable doing I was looking reputable guys to go to...
    It seems straight forward working on these things but you never know!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Me and i know a couple others would recomend Lacey Power Sports. Hes the only one that really works on mine outside of what i can do,even though i am not big on wrenching myself, but he is who i highly recomend. 609-693-8485 and his name is Chris if you are interesed. He is off of lacey Rd. exit 74 GSP on Rt 9 (near the home depot).
    Lacey Powersports +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious01 View Post
    Well I will be attempting to do as much work as I can but for the stuff I can't do or I'm uncomfortable doing I was looking reputable guys to go to...
    It seems straight forward working on these things but you never know!
    If you can read, you can work on your ski. Find a service manuel and you will be good to go especially with the Polaris members here. The biggest problem you will encounter is hard to reach bolts or stuck bolts if it has never been apart and seen a lot of saltwater. If you heat the bolts up it will make it a lot easier and less likely to break a bolt. It seems daunting at first, but once you get it to it you will see how easy it is.

Edit: Just make you bag and tag hardware. I just bag it and tape it to the piece it goes to.

Thread Information