+1

Zip Tie Rant, Profanity

sorry, this just struck me as funny.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    In what world is it less bad to use zip ties on boat fuel lines?

I know lots of guys work like that dude in the video, but pressing a screwdriver towards your hand while fighting with a hose seems like a good way to eventually spear yourself.

Tip: Use the proper tools, have the proper tools. For removing and installing hoses, hose grip pliers work wonders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	730324_hr.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	293538

If you find yourself replacing the hose clamps on both ends of a hose, you only need to remove one end of each hose. Remove the zip ties from both ends of the hose, then slide the new clamp onto the free end and all the way down to the far end. No need to remove both hose ends.

3. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    my rant on zip ties are guys that cut them into sharp little numbs, which have cost me a bunch of money at the local emergency room for stiching up large gashes.

frankly speaking, while there are some folks that have no problem with zip ties, if I have to use them I double up on them, and ALWAYS try to get an oetiker clamp in place.

The "good" zip ties aren't inexpensive, but like all others, constant exposure to fumes and heat will weaken them and we all know how bad a fuel leak in a small enclosed area is.

And in regards to spears..last time I speared my hand was in 1985 on a volvo heater control wire..almost lost my finger.

Always pull on tools..if you PUSH on a tool, you'll run your hand into something painful and be aware of your surroundings.

Cursing while working on your ski (if you don't know it already) angers Poseidon..and nothing good every comes of that.

I make offerings to Poseidon at the start of every season ( typically a small bottle of wine poured over the front of whatever ski I'm putting in the water) so that I will be spared any harm while on the water.

So far..so good..and why take chances?
    Last edited by K447; 02-25-2013 at 09:58 PM.

+1
    So let me get this straight. Delmar here is cussing the other shop to no end saying they don't know their nose from a nail. Then he proceeds to remove the fuel hose just to install new clamps? :h

Um, if you don't trust the other guys work, why do you trust the materials? If you're going that far, why not install new lines so everything is up to snuff????

Keith you are right, use the proper tool for the job. I bet 'ol Delmar has plenty of screwdriver gouge scars to show his many years of work.
    KJ

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Cursing while working on your ski (if you don't know it already) angers Poseidon..and nothing good every comes of that.

I make offerings to Poseidon at the start of every season ( typically a small bottle of wine poured over the front of whatever ski I'm putting in the water) so that I will be spared any harm while on the water.

So far..so good..and why take chances?
    This made me smile.

I'll add this to my list of things to do for spring prep. Does Straasha count?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if that is your choice

Thread Information