Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tips on making a custom exhaust

Anyone know about making a custom exhaust or have any tips of doing an exhaust without having to buy the whole exhaust kit?

+1
    i know a few members here have used the stock exhaust to fab up a thru hull. You could always just eliminate the resonator and strait pipe it. Hopefully some of those guys will chime in.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    Search for a post by spannersspencer in this section. He just done one. Am on the iPhone so it's a bit hard to find it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    i know a few members here have used the stock exhaust to fab up a thru hull. You could always just eliminate the resonator and strait pipe it. Hopefully some of those guys will chime in.
    In order to str8 pipe it i would need to fabricate my own exhaust? And badvgood i couldnt find his thread on GH is that his exact user name here?

+1
    I'm pretty sure he is referring to putting a straight piece of pipe between the 2 OE exhaust hoses in place of the OE plastic exhaust resonator. This is done with a simple 8" section of pipe and possibly a silicone or rubber coupler depending on what year your ski is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod324 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    In order to str8 pipe it i would need to fabricate my own exhaust?

Thank you sir ... Is there a big diff btw the actual brand exhaust and this custom way of making your own exhaust system?

+1
    IMO if your keeping the stock water box, not really. Your are still deleting the resonator. The only real noticable thing I seen was, if you use the stock outlet, it's a little anoying at certain rpm's. Just try to keep the bends to a minimum.

+1
    Not much to the whole kit what year ski? 07 or older riva waterbox and through hull. If you decide to make one yourself welds are critical. If your looking for cheap split the waterbox gut it. If you want effective put a riva box and walk away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	293657  

K sorry to come back later into it again but I have a question cuz I'm comparing it to the riva one what is that lil piece that sticks out of exhaust and do I need to make that piece into my custom exhaust????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information