Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

advent, macboost, powershot

Just spoke to Glen at R&D and he informed me that the macboost, advent controllers are being tested at havasu now and they seem to work well. He wouldnt give a hint as to a release date but did tell me that they will be for timing control only, no fuel control..
    I told him i didnt want to buy the new R&D powershot fuel controller then next week have it become obsolete. He said that wouldnt happen because the advent and or macboost, when it comes out, will only be timing control through ECM software... So i went ahead and ordered a powershot fuel controller.. It is supposed to control fuel band width and length, where the old controller only controls band length. The original controller supposedly has a full rich problem also with some units he told me.
    Powershot has a stage 1 and a stage 2 presets, along with more fine tuneability. 3 fuel rpm controls low-medium-high in 1-9 levels, each in .5 increments, with led lights as level indicators.. Also has a 1 year warranty..

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Just spoke to Glen at R&D and he informed me that the macboost, advent controllers are being tested at havasu now and they seem to work well. He wouldnt give a hint as to a release date but did tell me that they will be for timing control only, no fuel control..
    I told him i didnt want to buy the new R&D powershot fuel controller then next week have it become obsolete. He said that wouldnt happen because the advent and or macboost, when it comes out, will only be timing control through ECM software... So i went ahead and ordered a powershot fuel controller.. It is supposed to control fuel band width and length, where the old controller only controls band length. The original controller supposedly has a full rich problem also with some units he told me.
    Powershot has a stage 1 and a stage 2 presets, along with more fine tuneability. 3 fuel rpm controls low-medium-high in 1-9 levels, each in .5 increments, with led lights as level indicators.. Also has a 1 year warranty..
    I can't wait for this timing controller to come out. I will buy it the first day it goes up for sell!

Oh also, any pricing info? And how many degrees of timing will it let you retard or advance?

+1
    Word has it this new unit will work on the older Pre 2000 Yamahas also

To the top!

He gave no pricing, no other info at all, and was hesitant to say much about it at all. I had to pry a little to get what i did out of him.. He almost slipped and told me who was testing it at havasu but changed in mid sentence and just said the person who is testing gives very reliable feedback.. Sounded like it wont be long, but weve heard that before..
    I was surprised it was only the timing software being tested, i was hoping for a timing and fuel curve software program usable via laptop computer..All i know is what i was told.. We will see...
    He did tell me also that they used 0-2 sensors and not EGT sensors to calibrate the settings on the new powershot controller.

I am interested in some feedback on the R&D Powershot fuel controller. Let us hear about it.

+1
    HAHA, timing only.. thats news to me! For the record, its fuel and timing. the release date is what I dont have a firm grasp on yet.

+1

Cool

I thinks there's been little mistake,mac should make a statement about his stuff

later cd

Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    HAHA, timing only.. thats news to me! For the record, its fuel and timing. the release date is what I dont have a firm grasp on yet.
    Cost? Is the fuel control better than the Riva EFI unit? Could there just be a timing controller?

HAHA, timing only.. thats news to me! For the record, its fuel and timing.

Macboost, maybe you could call Glen at the R&D tech line and set him straight then because i would not have bought this powershot if he had not told me what he did.. Could someone be telling little white lies to make a sale?
    Glen sounded very confident about his statement, and the funny thing is, he isnt supposed to be a salesman, he was referred to as a technical assistance advisor.
    Maybe his advice is slanted to his companys benefit.. Oh well, such is life...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information