Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation I need of help!!! Gpr1200

Hi guys see you all are yami gurus.. So Im new to the jet ski world recently bought an 00 gpr with a gp motor in it but was having some bogging problem would only get up to 6 mph then have to hold throttle down full to get my speed and this is after a few seconds of no response no mid range power.. Took to shop they said carbs rebuilt all 3 carbs, still same prob notice was getting water in hull so took back to shop they replace shaft boot I believe it was they said was fine and tested... Took it out still same prob bogging and after a bit with water ski wouldn't pass 6mph..noticed the shaft was throwing water up and in carbs, front compartment was loose and water was getting in changed and still water getting in.. Fill hull with fresh water and no noticeable leaks any where, compression test showed #[email protected] and the others at @112...

I don't know what else can be???
    Is there a way of checking the pump seal for leaks?
    if u need any more info just ask

please help!! Thank you

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    if you put water in hull and no leakage noted outside, then you might want to be checking water lines in the hull. The shaft throwing water all around engine compartment shouldn't happen if you have the midshaft cover thats supposed to be there.

+1
    Run it on hose with seat off. See if cooling line is unattached, dumping water into hull.
    I would think a pressure test on motor would be next step.

Checking it on the hose prob wont find the leak. You have to put it in the water on the trailer on the ramp. I would loosen up the battery box so you can lift it and see in the rear of the ski. Its either comin from one of the hoses on the motor or in the rear. It could be a cable or seal in the rear, midshaft. Get all the water out first. If there is water in the hull and the motor is running it will slash from the couplers on the motor and midshaft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctct2118 View Post
    Checking it on the hose prob wont find the leak. You have to put it in the water on the trailer on the ramp. I would loosen up the battery box so you can lift it and see in the rear of the ski. Its either comin from one of the hoses on the motor or in the rear. It could be a cable or seal in the rear, midshaft. Get all the water out first. If there is water in the hull and the motor is running it will slash from the couplers on the motor and midshaft.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ctct2118 View Post
    i did run with water in the hull this weekend to make it back to the ramp.. in order to check that coupler from motor to midshaft do i need to take off the cover of mid shaft? and also is there a way to check pump seals?
    im going to try and take it to ramp today ill let you guys know if i find something

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	293670

not sure but am i missing something there?

yesterday i decided to fill hull up with water again to doule check i lifted the front of the ski and then noticed drops of water coming from the back of ride plate..
    where would the drip be coming from?
    Attachment 293727

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 00gp View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	293670

not sure but am i missing something there?
    I would say track it down till you know exactly where the water is getting out (in). Probably have to pull the intake/shoe/rideplate to see it better - good luck on those mounting bolt inserts, you may be opening up more issues when the inserts (maybe) spin in the hull. In my case I had two of the four inserts for the pump shoe spin, and now am in process of fabricating some brackets to glue inside the hull and hold the screws.

One other thing - your driveshaft shield is broken (although likely has nothing to do with the leak). There is supposed to be a rubber mounting 'bud' on the midshaft housing. I dont have the rubber mounting part but I do have the driveshaft housing for GP1200 with no breaks. In Yamaha classifieds if you get interested in that later when you have the leak issue(s) resolved.

+1
    check for broken plastic trim tabs .happened alot they are a pain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information