+1

Does the STX 15F handle like the old STX-R?

I loved the handling of the STX-R when I rode it back in 2003. I'm trying to get a feel for how the new STX 15F will handle in comparison. Is it true that they both have the same hull? Would sponsons and a ride plate on the 15F make it "feel" like an R or does the 4 stroke motor add too much weight?

+1
    It is the identical hull and yes you can make that ski turn VERY well.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The hulls are the same but there are a few differences, the ride plate on the 15f is garbage in stock form, the stxr plate will bolt up and so will the intake grate, you can get the same result with the R&D parts though, on the early models of the stxr the sponsons used the older stx mounting holes but that changed pretty quick and they use the new sponsons now. If you want a 15f to be fast and track well do the R&D or shredmaster plate and a set of sponsons. You can also put an aftermarket grate on but its not required, a good mod is to cut one bar out of the stock intake grate.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    The hulls are the same but there are a few differences, the ride plate on the 15f is garbage in stock form, the stxr plate will bolt up and so will the intake grate, you can get the same result with the R&D parts though, on the early models of the stxr the sponsons used the older stx mounting holes but that changed pretty quick and they use the new sponsons now. If you want a 15f to be fast and track well do the R&D or shredmaster plate and a set of sponsons. You can also put an aftermarket grate on but its not required, a good mod is to cut one bar out of the stock intake grate.

Sean
    Sean, how so? You really think it's that much of an improvement? I inherited Worx sponsons and an R&D plate on my old GP and she would turn on a dime, I just thought it was the ski as I had no way to know how it handled before these were put on by the previous owner.

Would this ride-plate interfere with the speedo wheel as it does on the 300?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    No the stx uses the hull mounted wheel not in the plate and the stx is not limited like the 300. If you want to make the stx really grab I do maintain that you should run sponsons and a plate, I have r&d of both and it improved the handling in every condition rough and smooth, although you do have to work harder if you do want to slide the back of the ski ( it's fun sometimes just not when trying to race)

Sean

+1
    Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking that the STX 15F will give me a riding experience that's similar to my old Pro1200. I have tried two supercharged boats and they just haven't worked out for me. I like the idea of a shorter, lighter, and NA engine since I don't race or modify my boats.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking that the STX 15F will give me a riding experience that's similar to my old Pro1200. I have tried two supercharged boats and they just haven't worked out for me. I like the idea of a shorter, lighter, and NA engine since I don't race or modify my boats.
    Just get another Pro 1200.......man thats a fun ride. I love mine, and don't think I will ever get rid of it.

+1
    I spent 11 seasons on the Pro and I agree it is a fun ride. There have been many days that I regretted selling it but it's time to move on.

9. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    There is something about going that fast on something that small that just makes it a hell of a good time.

Thread Information