Range of a A quaTrax F-12X

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the aprox range of an 07 AquaTrax F-12X I have an opportunity to pick up one with 10hrs on it. I was planning on using it for off shore fishing. My concern is the effect of the turbo on fule consuption when fishing off shore 15+miles. Any help would be great, also if anyone thinks this a good platform for off shore fishing....

Turbo hondas and salt water don't mix well.
    The turbo needs a lot of maintaining when used in salt water.
    The Honda turbo is big $$$$ to repair or replace.
    Imo get a non turbo or naturally aspirated ski for fishing.
    A lot less to take care of and more riding with less to break.
    Especially if your 15 miles off shore.
    Make sure you carry a location beaker for any problems that might happen.

3. +1 by:

Neptune Beach FL
    I and many fellow Honda riders regularly ride, fish, and dive off our skis most having over 2-300 hrs on em.
    We have done many! 80- 100 mile rides at speeds of 50-60 mph. NO problem, low fuel might be going off sometimes
    but nobody's ever run out of gas. My fuel consumption actually went down as I added my mods.
    Have had my F12X, which is stock, rigged for diving and fishing for 5yrs or more, and slayed many fish an lobster from it.
    Been offshore 8-10 miles, and get the looks from the fisherman out there, but always get home with something to eat.
    I have a second battery, and an isolator to run the gps, and fish finder. I have on board also a UNIDEN VHF with gps as back up.
    And I always make someone aware of my trip, and approximate time frames.
    And yes, saltwater use requires diligent maintenance, but its worth it, So go for it!

St Augustine / Fl
    I can attest to that, just didn't get a chance at the lobster. Got a perfect 27" red last time but also lost a rod/reel on other trips so make sure you secure them very well. I was quite upset but it wasn't anything Tequila couldn't fix.

Thanks for the input......I find it kinda hard to think Honda would design a ski for freshwater use only, but I will pay close attention to flushing it with freshwater upon getting home, from running it in the salt.

I get wait for our winter to be over our Ocean temps are around 38-39 degrees as of right now.....we need a good warm spell to get these fish migrating back up North.

So I can figure around an 80-90 mile range for a ball park to use as a guide. That makes me feel a little more comfortable to run off shore with it.

Thanks for the help....

Jax, Florida
    At a 50 MPH cruise, mine get 7 MPG with a 16 gallon tank. They go further on 16 gallons than any other 'ski.

Again thanks for the help guys.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lineside View Post
    Again thanks for the help guys.......
    Mine got the 7mpg at 50 also. My f-15x gets 6.5mpg. Wide open the f-12x got 5 mpg and the f-15x gets 4.5mpg

Good for salt water. Spray salt remover on the engine and don't rinse it off.

Wasn't going to reply but I don't see any replies to your question of "range"...I have 2 non-turbo F12's that will hit the low fuel buzzer at 120 miles during a day of cruising speeds and based on amount left in tank after refueling 150 miles is going to be the approximate row home point.

Turbos burn what, 35% more gas at all speeds? So maybe 80 miles till the buzzer and rowing at 110 or so?

Thread Information