Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

300X Exhaust Filter Reverse Cable

Hi Guys Girls,

Just a spot of information that may help some i have a 300X with 58 hours on the clock last week
    noted lack in top speed and only revving out to 7200 and pulling 95kph disappointing I know, back in the day would have killed for
    95 kph looked around on posts and noted issues with exhaust filter thought would pull out and have a look and yes the aluminium
    gauze had fallen out and jammed. Problem with lack of power doesn't come from the gauze falling out but the gauze getting into
    water box and jamming the hell out off it and when i say jammed i mean jammed after approx. an hour with a 5 mm wire shaped as a hooked
    it came out, I have seen child birth performed easier. I have attached some photos for ease. I have also attached photo of reverse cable for
    any one that has had a problem with a stiff reverse lever it shows how the cable was stuck under the water box crushing the cable and melting the outer
    this is a factory problem as it is the first time water box had been removed. But i must say 300X definitely has had to have had help from
    NASA because it is a rocket and love every time I push that Orange key at any cost.

Mal HClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1735.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	293650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1749.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	293651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	293652

+1
    yep im sure there are many owners out there oblivious to the fact of reading the manual and servicing the filter!!!

+1
    what year is your ski? your new fiter is a 2013 model with the hole in the middle, not as good for earlier model
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal007 View Post
    Hi Guys Girls,

Just a spot of information that may help some i have a 300X with 58 hours on the clock last week
    noted lack in top speed and only revving out to 7200 and pulling 95kph disappointing I know, back in the day would have killed for
    95 kph looked around on posts and noted issues with exhaust filter thought would pull out and have a look and yes the aluminium
    gauze had fallen out and jammed. Problem with lack of power doesn't come from the gauze falling out but the gauze getting into
    water box and jamming the hell out off it and when i say jammed i mean jammed after approx. an hour with a 5 mm wire shaped as a hooked
    it came out, I have seen child birth performed easier. I have attached some photos for ease. I have also attached photo of reverse cable for
    any one that has had a problem with a stiff reverse lever it shows how the cable was stuck under the water box crushing the cable and melting the outer
    this is a factory problem as it is the first time water box had been removed. But i must say 300X definitely has had to have had help from
    NASA because it is a rocket and love every time I push that Orange key at any cost.

+1
    We will have to have people installing the new filters or with the 2013 models keep a close eye on these new filters so we can start getting an idea of the lifespan of these.

+1
    can i ask how you know the filter isnt as good for the earlier model? kawasaki has superceded to the new filter for a reason and that is all that is now available!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    what year is your ski? your new fiter is a 2013 model with the hole in the middle, not as good for earlier model
    Hi Guys Girls,

+1
    with the hole in the middle it make the ski a little bit more harder to start
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    can i ask how you know the filter isnt as good for the earlier model? kawasaki has superceded to the new filter for a reason and that is all that is now available!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Hi Guys Girls,

+1
    really im sure it will be just fine are you talking from experience?

+1
    My cousin 2011 300x was due for a filter change and when the new filter came out he ask the dealer to have the new style, as soon as he put it in, the ski was hard to start when it was in the water, he took it out and put his old one back and his problem were solved, so he bought the old style one leftover and never done it afterward. The big hole in the middle let to much moisture up to the engine
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    really im sure it will be just fine are you talking from experience?
    Last edited by brisyl; 02-27-2013 at 07:13 PM.

+1
    thanks for further explaining i guess others havent yet experienced this problem..

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Maybe he idled through an extended 4 knot zone. Even with a good filter, if I ran hard, then idled for 5 minutes of so, let the ski sit for an hour or more, I'd notice a slightly harder start (not as if the filter was gone, just slightly different). I expect this situation might be worse but I'd say normal use you wont notice the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information