Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    chado2448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aurora, Indiana
    Posts
    353
    +1
    10

    05 head oiling question

    I've got the head off my ski and I thinking of changing the oiling system. Do I go rotax jet, or pull jet and use 06 rocker shaft? Or leave it alone?


  2. #2
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by chado2448 View Post
    I've got the head off my ski and I thinking of changing the oiling system. Do I go rotax jet, or pull jet and use 06 rocker shaft? Or leave it alone?
    rotax jet. You'd need an 06 head for the 06 shaft. I have an 05 with 06 head and I like the way it oils compared to the stock 05. Just looks like everything gets WAY more lube

  3. #3
    83.0 @ 8400 jhill19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teays Valley, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,800
    +1
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chado2448 View Post
    I've got the head off my ski and I thinking of changing the oiling system. Do I go rotax jet, or pull jet and use 06 rocker shaft? Or leave it alone?
    rotax jet. You'd need an 06 head for the 06 shaft. I have an 05 with 06 head and I like the way it oils compared to the stock 05. Just looks like everything gets WAY more lube
    Not completely true. You can run a 06 rocker shaft in a pre 06 head with no issues. You HAVE to remove the oil jet in the block tho

  4. #4
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chado2448 View Post
    I've got the head off my ski and I thinking of changing the oiling system. Do I go rotax jet, or pull jet and use 06 rocker shaft? Or leave it alone?
    rotax jet. You'd need an 06 head for the 06 shaft. I have an 05 with 06 head and I like the way it oils compared to the stock 05. Just looks like everything gets WAY more lube
    Not completely true. You can run a 06 rocker shaft in a pre 06 head with no issues. You HAVE to remove the oil jet in the block tho
    Aren't the oil gallies in the head different?

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    06+ rocker shafts definitely work just fine on pre 06 heads. As stated earlier... just make sure you remove the oil jet.

  6. #6
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Why the hell did everyone tell me I had to remove the jet and switch rocker shafts with the 06 head then

  7. #7
    chado2448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aurora, Indiana
    Posts
    353
    +1
    10
    Any idea which is the better setup? Ill be running 8600 rpms.

  8. #8
    83.0 @ 8400 jhill19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teays Valley, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,800
    +1
    81
    Chad I'm going to be running an 06 shaft in my 04 head. I'll be turning over 9k

  9. #9
    83.0 @ 8400 jhill19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teays Valley, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,800
    +1
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Why the hell did everyone tell me I had to remove the jet and switch rocker shafts with the 06 head then
    Because you do have to remove the jet to run the 06 shaft so you don't starve the head from oil

  10. #10
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Why the hell did everyone tell me I had to remove the jet and switch rocker shafts with the 06 head then
    Because you do have to remove the jet to run the 06 shaft so you don't starve the head from oil
    Right but I could have just run the 05 shaft with the jet and saved $130 according to you guys. Oh well it's probably for the best anyway

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 05 RXP Oil Filter Housing Question
    By tpd in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. 05 stx 15f oil question
    By yow in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
  3. FS 03-05 cylinder head oil pressure jet
    By dhoad in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 08:05 PM
  4. 05 block oiling system question
    By suck my wake in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
  5. WTB RR Cylinder Head Oil Pressure Jet for 03-05 Engines
    By thompsdw in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •