Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

How's the Ultra250 work coming along.

I'll be watching your ski at the Hahn300. Have you got some parts to sell already?

Ultra 250 Mods

The only mod we have right now is our ride plate mod. Of our protypes, this was the 4th version we tested with, an it worked the best. The Stage 4 ride plate mod is $140, and adds 2mph . The LX wedge is good for 1mph more, but it's not a good addition for folks riding in "big" rough water conditions.
    As for as engine compartment mods go ... we are not pursuing any yet.
    Respectfully, Harry Klemm

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    I'll be watching your ski at the Hahn300. Have you got some parts to sell already?

+1
    Harry,
    what speed did you baseline your craft at?

baseline?

I spoke with them the other day and they told me 66 so we'll see what they post here.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

Hello Group K.....

Can you folks provide an update on 250X mods?

While the U250 is a great boat from many aspects, it is a very expensive boat, that is expensive to run (at high speeds), and very (and we mean "very") expensive to repair after any significant kind of engine "malfunction". All this would be acceptable if reliable 91 octane versions could spank garden variety GPR1390s.... but that's not reality at this time. To be sure, the U250 has better rough water manners than any GPR ... However, in smoother waters, a regular 1390 spanks most U250s without even breathing hard .... at half the build-cost (or less), and lower fuel consumption rates (an increasingly important issue for our customers).
    From where I sit, the U250 is just another of the new generation of machines that has unacceptable levels of reliability & fuel consumption when modified to run the speeds of an average GPR 1390. This makes it a platform that is questionably worth the considerable time and costs of speed development.
    There is no doubt that the U250 has great prospects as an endurance racing platform, it won't be the smooth-water speed king anytime soon. For now, we have opted to not undertake any further U250 speed testing.
    Besides that, we learned the hard way that U250 owners seem to get extremely emotional if they don't receive big speed increases for very small amounts money ... I wish lotsa luck to the shops willing to meet that expection.

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Can you folks provide an update on 250X mods?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupK View Post
    While the U250 is a great boat from many aspects, it is a very expensive boat, that is expensive to run (at high speeds), and very (and we mean "very") expensive to repair after any significant kind of engine "malfunction". All this would be acceptable if reliable 91 octane versions could spank garden variety GPR1390s.... but that's not reality at this time. To be sure, the U250 has better rough water manners than any GPR ... However, in smoother waters, a regular 1390 spanks most U250s without even breathing hard .... at half the build-cost (or less), and lower fuel consumption rates (an increasingly important issue for our customers).
    From where I sit, the U250 is just another of the new generation of machines that has unacceptable levels of reliability & fuel consumption when modified to run the speeds of an average GPR 1390. This makes it a platform that is questionably worth the considerable time and costs of speed development.
    There is no doubt that the U250 has great prospects as an endurance racing platform, it won't be the smooth-water speed king anytime soon. For now, we have opted to not undertake any further U250 speed testing.
    Besides that, we learned the hard way that U250 owners seem to get extremely emotional if they don't receive big speed increases for very small amounts money ... I wish lotsa luck to the shops willing to meet that expection.

I take that as an insult, to you $250.00 (including shipping) maybe a SMALL amout of money, to others thats a great deal of money.That statement tells me alot about you. If the actions of a couple of people in the Kawasaki 250 forum makes you feel that way, dont promise more than what you can deliver for that SMALL amout of money.When I tested your ride plate, I did back to back testing, and I gained .8 mph, there was nothing said negative about you or your company, I didnt see the gains you said I should, neither did other members of the forum.
    Last edited by Aquaholic6801; 06-21-2007 at 12:40 AM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupK View Post
    The only mod we have right now is our ride plate mod. Of our protypes, this was the 4th version we tested with, an it worked the best. The Stage 4 ride plate mod is $140, and adds 2 mph . The LX wedge is good for 1mph more, but it's not a good addition for folks riding in "big" rough water conditions.
    As for as engine compartment mods go ... we are not pursuing any yet.
    Just incase you dont want to scroll up.

Thumbs down

Typical B/S claim and now excuses to back pedal out of it...
    Note to self:...Don`t buy anything from Group K.....
    Nothing like self inflicted wounds.......................

TN,
    No insult intended .... it's just the way it is.
    A) U250 is a nice boat
    B) Pump Gas 1390s spank em hard on smooth water all day for lots less money
    C) We don't have any $250 mod for the U250.... just a $140 ride plate mod ... please feel free to complain to UPS for todays freight costs.
    D) A U250 with our plate mod won the 6 hour. It's a great endurance boat.

I continue to look forward to reading about someones reliable 91 octane 73+ mph U250.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    I take that as an insult, to you $250.00 (including shipping) maybe a SMALL amout of money, to others thats a great deal of money.That statement tells me alot about you. If the actions of a couple of people in the Kawasaki 250 forum makes you feel that way, dont promise more than what you can deliver for that SMALL amout of money.When I tested your ride plate, I did back to back testing, and I gained .8 mph, there was nothing said negative about you or your company, I didnt see the gains you said I should, neither did other members of the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information