Cool Water Ingested 4-tec- Typical Repair?

I'm looking at an 06 4tec with water ingestion. What is entailed in a typical ingestion repair of a 4tec?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rferrel1 View Post
    I'm looking at an 06 4tec with water ingestion. What is entailed in a typical ingestion repair of a 4tec?
    spun/damaged bearings if run with water in the oil is common after sometime.

Depends how bad it was, if it entered the oil, fresh/salt, how long it was left with ingestion and so on.

sometimes can be minor.

+1
    bent rod. pull motor apart and inspect it. Bent rod WILL vent your block in the matter of a few hours if you continue to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rferrel1 View Post
    spun/damaged bearings if run with water in the oil is common after sometime.

Depends how bad it was, if it entered the oil, fresh/salt, how long it was left with ingestion and so on.

sometimes can be minor.
    The ad says it "needs a complete rebuild" but I don't know if he really knows that. I'm hoping to get a few more details. 06 GTX LTD w/ 100 hours sounds interesting to me if I can tackle it on my own, or with my neighbor's help.

Thanks for your reply.

Let you know if I find out more.

Ron

+1
    What is the asking if you don't mind saying? If it is worth the rebuild, might as well do it as like previously stated, the longer it sat with water, the more damage and you don't want the engine to totally come apart later causing more damage.

+1
    4 tecs are strong in my opinon.bought a 06 in dec at night.checked the oil on the dipstick and it looked clean.brought it home and did not look at it till 4 months later.when i did i found a nice colour of moco.18 liters of oil later the oil was clean.drove it for a season.next season drove it for a month than a 6 inch by 8 inch of hull fell off.there was some major hull damage done to this hull which was covered up.i bought a used hull and a month later it was back on the water.sold it the next season and it ran just fine even on 87 octane.told the new onwer to run 91 octane but he gets 87 for free and i did change to a 08 charger when i first got it.the machine has not missed a beat.in my opinon 4 tecs are strong.thanx richard.

+1
    I have a pair of 05 rxt 215hp skis I just took in on a trade towards a new ski.
    They both have been neglected and had water issues.
    They are black n green.
    3500 buys them on a triton double with torsion axels.
    Pm me if your interested.
    They are in Orlando Fl.
    Good luck in your search.

Friend has 2004 GTX SC. Yesterday, exhaust hose popped off and ski began taking on water (salt). We moved fast and got ski to shore. Water had risen to top of battery but nowhere near air intake below glove box. Oil looked ok on dipstick at ramp. Spark plugs were dry. Started ski in driveway and ran briefly. Then checked oil again and saw the milkshake. Doing the oil changes now just as suggested. Hopefully, will be ok. Two questions: Can water get into motor other than through the air intake? Can the ECU usually survive brief immersion in salt water? Thanks.

+1
    Air intake needs to be taken apart and dried before you try to start the ski.
    It probably didn't have water in the motor till you cranked her up.
    Yes the air intake is where you should have started.
    Once your done changing the oil and filter take it out and run it for 20-30 min without shutting her off.
    Its ok to have a little milky in the motor because once it runs for 30 min it gets hot enough to burn off- evaporate the rest.
    Yeah I've done this numerous times and always has great results.
    Tick tock time is not your friend right now.
    The sooner she's running 30+ min the less future issue your going to have due to this unfortunate injestion...
    Get R DONE!!!
    RIP ON...

Thread Information