Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92

    Myrtle Beach Trip - Any suggestions?

    A few friends and I are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach during March 15-20 and we are bringing our skis with us. We are planning on staying somewhere in Myrtle Beach. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to launch, where to ride, POIs, etc. We would like to do some ocean riding but wouldn't mind a few inter coastal trips as well if possible. Any help is appreciated.


  2. #2
    Tedcfitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dunn NC
    Posts
    176
    I like to launch at the public ramp located under the US Hwy 17 bridge that crosses into NMB/Cherry Grove. Lots of free parking and good launch facility. You can go north to the inlet and take any number of side trips including Calabash, intracoastal waterway, beaches, etc. Or, you can go south along the intracoastal. Great ride and lots to do either way.

    Respect the No Wake Zones. They are patrolled and they will give you a ticket.

  3. #3
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcfitz View Post
    I like to launch at the public ramp located under the US Hwy 17 bridge that crosses into NMB/Cherry Grove. Lots of free parking and good launch facility. You can go north to the inlet and take any number of side trips including Calabash, intracoastal waterway, beaches, etc. Or, you can go south along the intracoastal. Great ride and lots to do either way.

    Respect the No Wake Zones. They are patrolled and they will give you a ticket.
    Thank you very much for the insight. We booked our room yesterday. I will look into that public ramp for sure. Do you happen to know the address or a website that would list it? How cold is the water right now? Haha

  4. #4
    cjohnsey21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Posts
    50
    +1
    1
    Hey SCHNORR12, I used to work for Myrtle Beach Watersports for a few years while I lived down there. Shawn Zimmerman the owner now operates a "backwater adventure" which is only given to riders who have previous riding experience and I will personally say there is nothing like it. It involves going down trails wide open through the cypress tree forests. People do bring their own skis and people are able to rent vxr's if they choose. Below is the website to check out and if you tell him I sent you, Im sure he would be able to accommodate you with no problem


    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200452280169798
    http://shawnsbackwateradventure.com/

    ~chris johns

  5. #5
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnsey21 View Post
    Hey SCHNORR12, I used to work for Myrtle Beach Watersports for a few years while I lived down there. Shawn Zimmerman the owner now operates a "backwater adventure" which is only given to riders who have previous riding experience and I will personally say there is nothing like it. It involves going down trails wide open through the cypress tree forests. People do bring their own skis and people are able to rent vxr's if they choose. Below is the website to check out and if you tell him I sent you, Im sure he would be able to accommodate you with no problem


    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200452280169798
    http://shawnsbackwateradventure.com/

    ~chris johns
    Thank you, I will look into it. Do you know if he does this even during March? I know it can get cold down there...

  6. #6
    yol937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nc
    Posts
    1,071
    +1
    160
    I don't know of much going on in mb the water is usually in the high 40s this time of year. I live about 30 mins from the ramp he is talking about and it is pretty nice. There is also some good riding and a lot of lil trails and cuts to ride through when the water is high tide

  7. #7
    cjohnsey21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Posts
    50
    +1
    1
    [/QUOTE] Thank you, I will look into it. Do you know if he does this even during March? I know it can get cold down there...[/QUOTE]

    He opened march 1st. I know its been off and on nice and chilly.

  8. #8
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    I don't know of much going on in mb the water is usually in the high 40s this time of year. I live about 30 mins from the ramp he is talking about and it is pretty nice. There is also some good riding and a lot of lil trails and cuts to ride through when the water is high tide
    Thanks for your help.

    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnsey21 View Post
    He opened march 1st. I know its been off and on nice and chilly.
    I am going to give him a call. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnsey21 View Post
    Hey SCHNORR12, I used to work for Myrtle Beach Watersports for a few years while I lived down there. Shawn Zimmerman the owner now operates a "backwater adventure" which is only given to riders who have previous riding experience and I will personally say there is nothing like it. It involves going down trails wide open through the cypress tree forests. People do bring their own skis and people are able to rent vxr's if they choose. Below is the website to check out and if you tell him I sent you, Im sure he would be able to accommodate you with no problem


    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200452280169798
    http://shawnsbackwateradventure.com/

    ~chris johns
    Thanks for posting that. Thats the kind of stuff I look for. If me and the Mrs are ever that way we will have to check it out.

  10. #10
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnsey21 View Post

    He opened march 1st. I know its been off and on nice and chilly.
    I just called the number on the website and the answering machine said they were closed for the 2012 season and would re-open on April 1st.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. broke XLL... Any suggestions?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
  2. Location for Myrtle Beach race in June?
    By Super Jim in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
  3. Down 3mph from last year, any suggestions?
    By RXP-REX in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
  4. Bad bounce problem. Any suggestions?
    By Nickeljet in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:10 AM
  5. Running out of ideas, any suggestions???
    By Gforce in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •