Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120

    Jims ff plate or Tommy Jordan for gpr

    Looking for a Jims or Tommy Jordan cut plate for gpr. Pm me with what you have. Thanks


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,274
    +1
    81
    Since your PM's are full, here is what I offer:
    I have an older "Kerry" plate that has been trued and clearanced for the 2" extension, no skegs. I would sell it for $130 shipped in usa. Can provide pics. The mounting holes are a bit enlarged for proper fit, but bolts with washers cover fine.
    Steve Holland
    Last edited by LT1GMC; 03-03-2013 at 11:38 AM.

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    What is a Kerry plate?

  4. #4
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    What is a Kerry plate?
    Kerry plates can be fast but this one has no skegs, not sure you will be able to turn very well where we ride. What's on there now?

  5. #5
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    What is a Kerry plate?
    Kerry plates can be fast but this one has no skegs, not sure you will be able to turn very well where we ride. What's on there now?
    Has a Jims FF plate now but is warped pretty badly. Has to be able to turn as you know.

  6. #6
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    What is a Kerry plate?
    Kerry plates can be fast but this one has no skegs, not sure you will be able to turn very well where we ride. What's on there now?
    Has a Jims FF plate now but is warped pretty badly. Has to be able to turn as you know.
    I would stick with a R&D skegged plate, preferably the 1200 like Big John just bought new. Very fast and can be angled with a flat file on the mounting bosses. Later you can always have it cut for the Tommy Jordan mod.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    756
    +1
    2
    Sorry to hi jack your thread but I'm curious to know how can you tell if your plate is warped and if so would it cause any speed lost

  9. #8
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff0413 View Post
    Sorry to hi jack your thread but I'm curious to know how can you tell if your plate is warped and if so would it cause any speed lost
    Many times people will buy a second hand modded plate and not realize the pump must be cut for additional clearence, this will cause a buldge in the riding surface and warp the overal shape. Sraight edge and flat surface will show this. Not sure if this happened to Jim's plate but just saying what causes the damage most of the time.

  10. #9
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    they gave me 5% off for asking, brand new in the package.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-D-GP1200R-...780a11&vxp=mtr

  11. #10
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff0413 View Post
    Sorry to hi jack your thread but I'm curious to know how can you tell if your plate is warped and if so would it cause any speed lost
    Many times people will buy a second hand modded plate and not realize the pump must be cut for additional clearence, this will cause a buldge in the riding surface and warp the overal shape. Sraight edge and flat surface will show this. Not sure if this happened to Jim's plate but just saying what causes the damage most of the time.
    Not sure what originaly caused it because it had a good size dent in it when I got it but I caused even more damage by doing what you just mentioned. I swapped pumps to a Skat and did not clearance it so it is dented in one area and has an outty in another.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB JIMS FF Plate for GPR
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 09:53 AM
  2. WTB Jim's FF plate or IR Mod 4 for GPR
    By Smitty in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 02:21 PM
  3. WTB - Shred plate &/or UMI Steering for GPR
    By Autosport in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 04:56 AM
  4. WTB Jims FF plate ir simliar plate for GPR
    By j-wadd in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. Best Setting For Jims FF Plate
    By Mik72e in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •