Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To purchase extended warranty or not on 12 rxpx

I bought an 12 rxpx last march. The factory warranty is about to expire. Should I spend the money and buy an additional 4 years.

I bought extended warranties on my two stroke seadoos and never used them, but this thing is way more complex.

i live in Florida so I guess I can go to any dget thankslarryget thankslarry

+1
    I might be able to help with this....I also sell a product that is a money back guarantee. I think it is around $300 more than the extended warranty but if you make no claims in the 4 years, you will get the full purchase price of BEST back. I have to check to see if this is available for you in Florida..I will check and repost once I get to the shop this morning....

+1
    If you are planning on modding the ski, DON'T, if you are planning on leaving it stock, DO IT!!! This all depends on how your dealer feels about modifications tho.

+1
    If you are in Florida you cannot buy a BEST Warranty from Seadoo. You will have to buy a third party warranty. ATNryan is right. If you are going to heavily mod the ski don't buy it but if you are going to stay mostly stock it is absolutely worth it.

Well, here I go asking for trouble! Read on...

Regardless of a products complexity, extended warrantees are a significant money maker for manufacturers. Whether a PWC, computer, TV, automobile, or sex toys (!) they are a profit maker. Period. That is a simple fact. If they weren't, a company would simply not sell them!

So, ON AVERAGE, extended warranties are going to cost you more than paying for any needed repair(s) yourself. HOWEVER, if you sleep better knowing that you have what is basically an insurance policy against an unexpected expense, than they may be a good purchase for you. And if you have a serious failure, you may be one of those people who are really glad they had an extended warranty. Just accept the fact, that like any insurance policy, part of the premium you are paying is for piece of mind. As an investment, ON AVERAGE they are a loser. As a sleep aid, they are just the thing for some folks.

Personally I don't buy them Never have, never will. I'm old enough, and lucky enough over the years, that I'm way ahead becuase of it. BUT, I buy alot of insurance policies to protect myself and family from suffering huge loses. I buy them with high deductables. If some low life steals a hubcap off my car, I'll survive shelling out the money for a new one. But if they steal my brand new megabuck lux-mobile I'd sure like to be insured!

Bottom line, it is all about how much risk you are comfortable.

Oh, and third party extended warranties in general have a HORRIBLE track record. There may be some good ones, but proceed with caution.

(BTW, I just bought a new ski at a boat show for what I believe was the same price I could of gotten elsewhere. SeaDoo offering a free 4 year BEST for boat show purchases. You can bet I graciously accepted the offer!)

+1
    Yes go for the extended warranty!! It also deoends how flexible your dealership is?? Mine is through al's speciaty marine. Rochester,mn is very flexible!! I highly suggest go for the 4 year one!!

+1
    AND IS YOUR SKI STOCK OR HEAVILY MODDED?? MINE IS GOING TO BE VERY HEAVILY MODDDED!!!!

+1
    And just sent out my supercharger out for rebuilding by jerry before my seadoo repair guy start installing my stage 2 kit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by noxquse View Post
    If you are in Florida you cannot buy a BEST Warranty from Seadoo. You will have to buy a third party warranty. ATNryan is right. If you are going to heavily mod the ski don't buy it but if you are going to stay mostly stock it is absolutely worth it.
    Thats not true...BRP offers BEST in Fl....

Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noxquse View Post
    Thats not true...BRP offers BEST in Fl....
    The ski is staying stock, tiny, let me know I have till the end of this month.

thanks

larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information