+1

Mirror Block Off Panels.

I've got a 260x and I have removed my mirrors. And I'm about to install the block off panels.
    Can someone tell me if they have done the same to their ski....and how have you installed them. I will be installing mine when my graphics is ready to be put on.

Thanks

+1
    Or if a glue is used to apply it on ?

+1
    I used ultra black rtv silicon. Put the silicon on the block offs mostly around the edges, but don't put too much where when you push it down it will come out the sides. Then I used tape to hold the block off down and help it form to the curve of the ski. Let it sit overnight and you're good to go

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    I used ultra black rtv silicon. Put the silicon on the block offs mostly around the edges, but don't put too much where when you push it down it will come out the sides. Then I used tape to hold the block off down and help it form to the curve of the ski. Let it sit overnight and you're good to go
    +1..and if I may add the Riva B.O.s if like mine needed a a little bend since it didn't contour to the shape of the now empty mirror base...so I used some heat (hair dryer) and SLIGHTLY bent the panels for a better fit...also on the fairings or cowlings as their called you might have noticed from the moulding a raised section at least I had this...file it down...want the B.O. panels as flush to the fairings as possible....G/L

+1
    Mine were flat too, I used masking tape to hold it to the curve of the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    +1..and if I may add the Riva B.O.s if like mine needed a a little bend since it didn't contour to the shape of the now empty mirror base...so I used some heat (hair dryer) and SLIGHTLY bent the panels for a better fit...also on the fairings or cowlings as their called you might have noticed from the moulding a raised section at least I had this...file it down...want the B.O. panels as flush to the fairings as possible....G/L
    Thanks for that guys. And yes, they are straight. And I am using the Riva ones. I will file down the holes as well.

+1
    Fitted in very well after all the advice. Thanks.

Thread Information