Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x,, thoughts

    I have been looking at a Ultra 250x, 2008 with 17 hours,, in prestine condition,, ,, I'm not familiar with the Kawasakis,, always had yamaha's and seadoos are there any goods or bads, or is it a good reliable ski,, I am looking reliability,, Its in Florida guy wants 6500 for it and nice trailer,, any thoughts.. thanks


  2. #2
    devils ride 250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    lehigh valley pa
    Posts
    775
    +1
    124
    Seems like good deal with such low hours. They r reliable and great in the chop Also very fast. I've had mine for 5 years and wrenched few times. I would buy another in a heart beat

  3. #3
    Ive read alot about the gas in the oil problems,,,, that worries me,, I wonder if it just a select few or what..

  4. #4
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    remove the s/c belt cover this wll give an indication of exactly how well its been looked after. if its rusted turn away, at the very least get the s/c inspected internally..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
    Ive read alot about the gas in the oil problems,,,, that worries me,, I wonder if it just a select few or what..
    I got an 08 and never suffered with gas in oil, or not that I have noticed. Just keep on top of oil changes, think the manual says every 50hrs but I think every 25hrs at a minimum.
    I change my oil about every 10-15hrs tops and the filter once a year.

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
    I have been looking at a Ultra 250x, 2008 with 17 hours,, in prestine condition,, ,, I'm not familiar with the Kawasakis,, always had yamaha's and seadoos are there any goods or bads, or is it a good reliable ski,, I am looking reliability,, Its in Florida guy wants 6500 for it and nice trailer,, any thoughts.. thanks
    Over priced you can find brand new ones for 7500

  7. #7
    CJ River Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    546
    +1
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
    I have been looking at a Ultra 250x, 2008 with 17 hours,, in prestine condition,, ,, I'm not familiar with the Kawasakis,, always had yamaha's and seadoos are there any goods or bads, or is it a good reliable ski,, I am looking reliability,, Its in Florida guy wants 6500 for it and nice trailer,, any thoughts.. thanks
    Over priced you can find brand new ones for 7500
    New at $7500? Is that a leftover, 5 years later?

  8. #8
    jsiouan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pasadena MD
    Posts
    349
    +1
    39
    I would pass....wait for a 260x or even better, a 300. There are 2 guys with 250's in our group, and they have had nothing but problems with them.


    Quote Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
    I have been looking at a Ultra 250x, 2008 with 17 hours,, in prestine condition,, ,, I'm not familiar with the Kawasakis,, always had yamaha's and seadoos are there any goods or bads, or is it a good reliable ski,, I am looking reliability,, Its in Florida guy wants 6500 for it and nice trailer,, any thoughts.. thanks

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
    I have been looking at a Ultra 250x, 2008 with 17 hours,, in prestine condition,, ,, I'm not familiar with the Kawasakis,, always had yamaha's and seadoos are there any goods or bads, or is it a good reliable ski,, I am looking reliability,, Its in Florida guy wants 6500 for it and nice trailer,, any thoughts.. thanks
    Over priced you can find brand new ones for 7500
    New at $7500? Is that a leftover, 5 years later?
    Yes there still floating around if you look.

  10. #10
    very nice ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Kawasaki ultra 250x spark plugs!
    By priszm in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 05:32 PM
  2. JETSKI JUNKIES - Testing 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X!!!
    By JETSKI JUNKIES in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 01:17 AM
  3. FS 2008 kawasaki ultra 250x super clean
    By SAL08HO in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
  4. FS 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x 4 sale ...MUST READ!!
    By PowerShot in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 01:16 PM
  5. 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X Starting Issue
    By RNYE in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •