Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cold air intake design

My gprxp runs considerably faster with the seat off than with it on. Right now, I have holes drilled under the side cowls, holes drilled in the storage box and lid, AND I have two holes drilled in the sides of my seat towards the rear. I have an air filter mounted on a short elbow pipe coming off the SC so I am pulling in hot air and engine fumes.

I need some suggestions on how to get cold air to my SC. Would it be better to run a 4" kanaflex hose to the front of the ski with the opening of the hose on top of the gas tank, OR would it be better to run a shorter hose up to the seat and enclose it somehow? Does anyone have a design for an intake box that pulls in air from the seat? Thanks for your feedback.

+1
    I would a kanaflex or hard piping with silicone elbows to the black pipes that r connected to the hull under the front of the ski that way it will be straight cold air from outside

+1
    Mine has the GPR oem vent hose attached to the SC and laying over the valve cover to the front no filter.

I don't have the vent hoses attached to the front. Previous owner removed it. He also filled the cowl holes so I cannot easily remove the cowls if I wanted to replace the vent hoses. Any suggestions?

+1
    Sorry for the confusion my stock hose is also removed. I just repurposed the hose you can use any hose.

Thank you Beerdart. So are you saying that I just run a 4" flex hose from the SC, over the valve cover, to the front of the ski, somewhere around the gas tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Sorry for the confusion my stock hose is also removed. I just repurposed the hose you can use any hose.

+1
    Yes mine stops just infront of the seat.

+1
    Here is what I did. I have four holes in my seat and six in rear grab handle to feed rear air. Also, lately been running without a screen too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETSCWCcover4.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	293943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETSCWCcover3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	293944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETSCWCcover5.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	293945  

Thanks for the photos JP. I'd like to know more about the holes in the seat and the white platform you fabricated for the tube screen to mount on as shown in photo 1. How does this setup work better for you than running a flexhose to the front of the compartment?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcfitz View Post
    Thanks for the photos JP. I'd like to know more about the holes in the seat and the white platform you fabricated for the tube screen to mount on as shown in photo 1. How does this setup work better for you than running a flexhose to the front of the compartment?
    The SCer whine gives me a headache. I had a front air intake system on the conversion before. I didn't like clutter and the rear air set up decreases the clutter to me and reduces the SCer whine in my ear.

One clamp at the SCer and the whole thing comes out. The white piece is just poster board with a Blox velocity stack. I used aluminum angle and double sided tape then added door/window foam to seal the seat to stop engine heat and fumes getting to the intake. The seat is drilled and PVC pipe installed in the seat for support. Tried to keep it light weight and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information