Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Help!! 1994 SL750

Hey guys kinda new at this but I have a few question about my 94 sl 750 I bought it about 6 months ago not running so I did some research about this pain in the but of a jet ski LOL

so far I got carbs off ebay, took the manifold off, checked the reeds and they looked great

So I put it all together with new gasket O and going premix so got the oil block off kit so after all that I got it to run well it runs but when I pull the pto, and the center spark plugs off it will run one the Meg cylinder but when I have the cen, and the pto plugs on and pull the Meg it kills the motor so I pull the cen, and the pto spark plugs out they were real wet and don't know if it's gas or oil can someone please guide me the right way
    Last edited by K447; 03-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to The Hulk!

Do some heavy reading by clicking the link in my signature. Should answer most your questions.

+1
    Awesome thanks it's my first time working on any jet ski and I had to pick the hard one lol

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Not sure where you get the impression that it is "the hard one". Im my experence, the polaris skis are one of the easiest models I have yet to work on. Also one of the cheapest to find parts for!

If you have not yet installed the oil block of kit, I would not. Polaris has a very relaible oil pump and it will save tons of oil if you let it do the mixing.

5. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Carbs from eBay? Did you rebuild these carbs with genuine Mikuni parts? Have the carb jets and settings been checked against spec for that engine and model year?

Original fuel pump or triple outlet upgrade fuel pump? Rebuilt?

I keep forgetting the specifics, but check whether that engine/year had/needs a fuel flow restrictor in the return fuel hose. I think just one model year of 750 needed that restrictor, but Fuji engines are not my forte.

What spark plugs are in the engine?

It will start and run (barely) with only MAG spark pig wire connected, correct?

If just CEN or just PTO spark plug is connected, does it even try to start?

+1
    Awesome thanks it's my first time working on any jet ski and I had to pick the hard one lol

+1
    LOL Im saying it's hard because it's the first jet ski iv worked on I actually enjoy working on it and your right the prices are really cheap just taking off the carbs was a pain

Yes I got them off ebay and like a dumb a++ the guy said it was ready to slap in and go and the newbe I slapped them in they it cranked up after I got fuel through the lines but wasn't running right I would give it gas and it would bog down so thats when I pulled the spark plugs off the PTO, and the CEN, and and left the Meg spark plug wire on and it still ran but when I did the opposite it died to make a long story short it would only run off to MEG cylinder so i checked the spark plugs and the PTO, & CEN spark plugs were real wet with either with gas or oil and the MEG spark plug looked like it was firing great so I checked if I was getting spark off the other two and after cleaning them off I was getting good spark put them back in and same crap the 2 were wet again

I then took the carbs back off and took them apart and they had all kinds of lil rust shavings in them so then yes I went ahead and rebuil them I have my fuel upgrade coming in the mail by this week changed all fuel lines

And yes I already took the fuel pump off and put the block off on cuz everything I had read said it was the best for the jet ski

+1
    And I had to do the carb adjustments myself because no one in my town or even 200 miles away will work on this Polaris so have to do all the work myself with the help of you guys so thank you

+1
    Can anyone tell me why my 94 sl 750 spark plugs keep getting wet with either gas or oil on just the PTO, & the CEN cylinders

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well, it is good that the carbs are cleaned internally and rebuilt. BUT, if those carbs came from some other year or model then the jets (tiny flow metering holes) might be incorrect for your engine. If you did not check them yet, then now is the time to check the jet sizes.

If the jet sizes are incorrect you will not be able to tune the engine properly. The jets determine the general fuel delivery rate into each cylinder. The adjustment screws on the carbs then allow minor fine tuning of the fuel flow rate. The adjustment screws cannot compensate for incorrect jetting.

Everything you read about removing the oil pump , my guess is that at least some of that information was for other brand watercraft. While certainly some Polaris owners do indeed remove the oil pump, many others have found that the oil injection system on Polaris is generally reliable. It does require the oil hoses and clamps to be in good condition, but once it has been freshened up the oiling system tends to not cause much trouble.

Oil injection does burn oil at about 1/2 the rate that premix uses. So pre-mixing tends to double your cost of oil, since you have to buy twice as much to go the same distance.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information