Thread: Battery issue
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM #1
on my xl1200ltd the battery keeps dyin..what can cause that problem? i have to keep constantly rechargin it
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM #2
* How old is the battery?
* Is there an aftermarket Bilge pump connected?
* Do you leave your lanyard connected ?
* How are all your connections?
* How often are you having to recharge it?
* The battery could have some sulfation building up internally on the plates and causing the battery to no longer hold a charge like it use to.
* Are the water levels fine ?
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM #3
ita a bran new battery..no bildge pump connected..
whast aa lanyard?
i think the connects r a lil old..
atleast 2-3 times a month
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM #4
This is a Lanyard
* Check and make sure you don't hear mild buzzing noises in your electrical box where the spark plug wires come from.
* Look at my signature below on manuals. Download the manual for your ski. I beleive there is a troubleshooting/trouble analysis section there that talks about your problem. It could be a handful of things.
* I would almost suspect something is going to ground due to some corrosion or bad connection and it is draining your battery.
* Check that lrge ground wire all the way to where it goes under your motor. I have seen those go bad/corrode.
* You could also have a bad rectifier going bad. It can drain a battery slowly too.
* Did you fill the "new" battery with acid upon purchase ?
Last edited by RX951; 02-19-2007 at 10:03 PM.
02-19-2007, 10:00 PM #5
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM #6
what brand battery ?
what is the year stamping on it ?
have you tried a different battery ?
check all your connections. all large cables to-from the battery and to from the motor.
02-19-2007, 10:07 PM #7
i think its the lanyard..wen i try to start it rolls about the 3rd time it doesnt roll and i have to pull the key out and push it in then it tsarts
02-19-2007, 10:14 PM #8
I would also take apart that electrical box and make sure there isn't any moisture in it. And check all the connections inside there.
Also Vinegar will dissolve any corrosion
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By bossdog67 in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2009, 04:39 PM
By jddesign in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
By RXTJeff in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-04-2008, 12:54 PM
By rcngmoto in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2008, 10:19 PM
By polarispa in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-20-2007, 01:15 PM