Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Someone with a FZ and a trailer.. can you help me?

So long story short Im building a trailer and my ski is on a stand. I'm trying to figure out the dimension from the bottom of your ski to the cross beam (while ski is sitting on trailer) Im having pieces laser cut and want to make sure I leave plenty of clearance so the ski does not hit. (stupid me forgot to measure before pulling ski off the old trailer)

Thank you!

+1
    no one?

+1
    Im not sure what you mean by crossbeam, but ill be home by 10pm est, and can make some measurements.

+1
    The cross bars on the trailer that the bunks are bolted to... (measurement should be 5 or 6 inches I would think?)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by crossbeam, but ill be home by 10pm est, and can make some measurements.
    Thanks man no huge rush

Its all going to depend where your bunks are mounted and place on the v of the hull. That will determine how low the ski rests and the V of the hull portrudes below the height of the bunks. When I set up my skies on a trailer I take a piece of 1 inch wood lay it below the v on the cross beam, then lower the ski so it sits on the wood and tighter down the bunks snug. After thats done, I jack the ski up enough to slide the wood out and then I have a perfect one inch space between the ski and cross beam. I need mine to sit as low as possible because the boat ramps here are very shallow.

+1
    Not really.... I know my placement of my bunks so I just need to know how much clearance I need from the ski (I understand that by moving the bunks out you will decrease this number I'm looking for). But I just need to know what number is needed, bunk placement doesn't affect what I'm trying to accomplish.

Really what you are saying is there is only a 1" clearance on yours? I worry that is to close but that's why I started this thread .

Remember I am making these cross bars not setting up bunks on a trailer. I have already determined my bunk spacing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Its all going to depend where your bunks are mounted and place on the v of the hull. That will determine how low the ski rests and the V of the hull portrudes below the height of the bunks.

+1
    Not sure if it will help, but check my other posts, I posted some trailer measurements on another thread awhile ago.

all my trailers have been set up with an inch space only. Never had in issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    all my trailers have been set up with an inch space only. Never had in issue.
    My concern with that is on a steep ramp the front on the ski hitting the front cross bar. Have you launched on a steep ramp? Thanks for the great info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information