Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Failing supercharger on 11' TX.... It's covered under Warantee????

Help???

+1
    How many hrs on ski and what symptoms are you seeing .....

76 hours.... Very sluggish on take offs and top end speeds are down. It felt like my old SHO when the clutch went around a 100 hours. When the ski finally warms up after a few minutes it seems to have a good hole shot and top end speeds are just a little slower then normal. Rather then 10-15 mph off

+1
    The slip is probably off. Needs to be shimmed and it will be good to go until rebuild coming up soon

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    The slip is probably off. Needs to be shimmed and it will be good to go until rebuild coming up soon
    the best part of this is its an iS ski. Have fun coach! lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    the best part of this is its an iS ski. Have fun coach! lmao.
    Just trying to gather info. here.... After we got off the phone I was like maybe it's a warrantee matter so out of curiosity I asked around. No worries. If I decide to fix the ski you are still first on the list.

+1
    Im not sure if that will be covered under warrenty unless it fails? that to me sounds like basic maintenance

8. +1 by:

+1
    We can make it fail..

10. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Im not sure if that will be covered under warrenty unless it fails? that to me sounds like basic maintenance
    Ya when the clutch failed on my SHO it was covered. It only took the morons at Libby's a month to figure it out (in the month of June!!! Ha. Perfect) But I'm not sure how BRP handles these matters. I was just curious bc if they took care of the charger at BRPs expense that saves some serious dough. Then I could simply bring the ski to Eastside for intake, exhaust, other odds and ends. It's a big risk bc if BRP doesn't cover it I've wasted a lot of $ going to the dealer so. That's why I inquired the knowledge of people on GH to get some good advice. Trust I'd rather give u the cash then the dealership, but if the warrantee takes care of it it's something I have to at least look into. Either way if I keep the ski which I'm still boarderline on anyway I will be paying you for help. Whether it be for charger work or modifications or both. Hope you understand my position here.

+1
    this is the problem don. If your charger fails its covered, if its slipping its not and the dealer will charge you to service it. If the charger fails and the motor needs to come out, just because its covered by BRP is actually worse because there is not ONE SINGLE dealership in CT that is capable of a simple oil change let alone pulling your top deck off, removing engine, cleaning all debris out, change oil pumps, re assemble. Your ski will be a complete lemon after that. Ask chris, he spent years fixing dealerships and other speed shops mistakes. He came to me and it was problem free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information