Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kawasakit to Yamaha conversion kit

Hi guys,

Im looking for a conversion kit for a kawasaki hull. Im thinking of putting a SHO engine with jetpump etc in a 260/300 hull.
    Anyone tried this before or have any other experiences of this kind of conversion?
    Actually i dont know how much work there is to make the SHO engine to fit in a kawi hull? There is only the bottom hull that will be kawasaki not the top deck.

+1
    Just curious, but why not a GPR hull? You'll be starting from scratch with the kawi hull and may not even give you the full power of that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by elmatta View Post
    Just curious, but why not a GPR hull? You'll be starting from scratch with the kawi hull and may not even give you the full power of that engine.
    What do you mean with "give you the full power of that engine"?
    There is many GPR conversions out there and i want to build a pwc for offshore use and i've never heard of anybody done something like this.

+1
    Hey could had a V8 ! There may be a reason ???? Ha Ha, Good luck fortune always favors the brave

+1
    I don't see the benefits? Spend the money building the Kawasaki motor that is already more HP....

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Dahl Zetterlund View Post
    Hi guys,

Im looking for a conversion kit for a kawasaki hull. Im thinking of putting a SHO engine with jetpump etc in a 260/300 hull.
    Anyone tried this before or have any other experiences of this kind of conversion?
    Actually i dont know how much work there is to make the SHO engine to fit in a kawi hull? There is only the bottom hull that will be kawasaki not the top deck.
    I do not think there is a kit made. You are going to have to prefab everything.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Rius racing does one, makes for a great ski. I like the 300 motor but extra cubes helps. Good luck,

Sean

+1
    The Kawasaki bottoms have been used for years now for the top pros, ruis, farthing, macc and I'm sure I missed quite a few. It would be no different then getting a version of a lee manvell hull if u could. I would contact ruis racing. I have seen a few of his skis using the Kawasaki 15 bottom with a fzr deck glued on top. I doubt you could actually talk to nichols himself but if u could get get ahold of his mechanic josh he might be able to help u in some direction.

+1
    Do it!!! Best of both world...

Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    The Kawasaki bottoms have been used for years now for the top pros, ruis, farthing, macc and I'm sure I missed quite a few. It would be no different then getting a version of a lee manvell hull if u could. I would contact ruis racing. I have seen a few of his skis using the Kawasaki 15 bottom with a fzr deck glued on top. I doubt you could actually talk to nichols himself but if u could get get ahold of his mechanic josh he might be able to help u in some direction.
    Yeah i've heard of that 15f bottom in carbonfiber on the FZR. I can imagine that they will sell it for a fortune.
    I will continue my search and if anybody knows any smart solutions for this kind of conversion i would be really happy. Also if somebody knows of any hulls for sale in the US please let me know

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information