Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2007 seadoo rxp

2007 seadoo rxp

hi everyone new here and trying to accuire my first pwc been looking through the forum..... so there is a 2007 seadoo rxp 215 for sale in florida for 4500 with 51 hours and the trailer. my question is first off I live in michigan so really wouldnt be able to inspect it and it would be an investment and a half just to get there if I dont like it, second is it a forum member here( speak up if its you) just curious guys seems like its alittle on the cheap side has me alittle concerned.. any help would be appreciated p.s he says it has the metal washer upgrade

anyone

+1
    i would say it would be a gamble, even though it only has 51 hours its still a 6 year old ski. Did he get the ceramic washers changed before they broke apart? I would be concerned about the owner fogging the engine or not in between use. Also being from florida it may have only been used in salt water, so i would also be concerned about corrosion if he didnt properly clean it and flush it after use. I personally would never risk that kind of money without seeing the ski and test riding it, but at that price if its what he says it is then it would be a decent buy

Quote Originally Posted by chartersj View Post
    i would say it would be a gamble, even though it only has 51 hours its still a 6 year old ski. Did he get the ceramic washers changed before they broke apart? I would be concerned about the owner fogging the engine or not in between use. Also being from florida it may have only been used in salt water, so i would also be concerned about corrosion if he didnt properly clean it and flush it after use. I personally would never risk that kind of money without seeing the ski and test riding it, but at that price if its what he says it is then it would be a decent buy

thanks man yeah im under the impression they were changed the salt water thing has me nervous. I agree about testing it i Would do that in person only problem would be like I said id have to bring a truck down south for damn near 2500 mile round trip and im not gunna swallow that gas bill for nothing... like stated before im a newb you guys are the experts just thought id get your opinions

Banned User
    +1
    Pass in short

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    You need more information, pics and then a visual inspection.

+1
    JMO, But look for a 08-09 RXP if thats what you are looking for. 07 seemed to drop the ceramic washers pretty regular.

well sums it up... its early season Ill be looking around might see something pop up around the midwest region... thanks guys

+1
    If its not listed in ski classifieds here, it be hard to say if it was a forum member.

+1
    Since I only run in salt water here is the deal. Except the ceramic washers issue, you should inspect the mechanical parts of the ski. Engine and pump should have no signs of corrosion. Also check for signs of corrosion at the shaft under the hull. The shaft should have no or very little signs. A well maintained ski that is used in salt water looks and is as "clean" as a fresh water ski. Especially on the 2007 skis, the holes under the seat were a great way of salt water leaking into engine bay. I had them tapped. If the ski was sprayed after every run you are good to go as far as this issue. Ask him if he flushed the ski every time when done riding..Also when did he changed the washers. If it was done at 50 hours, might be suspicious ...My ski 2007 ski runs only at salt water and is as goog as new....oh, and a simple question that sometimes says lot: why is he selling it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information