Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92

    Can't lift the seat on 2010 GTX?

    I bought a 2010 GTX iS 215 this winter and for some reason I cannot seem to get the seat up. We had it up when we inspected the ski before purchase, but now it seems stuck. Am I doing something wrong? I'm pressing the lever and it seems to release but gets caught on something?


  2. #2
    ecpChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ocean county nj
    Posts
    2,912
    +1
    427
    after you release the lever you need to give it a little help. The latch doesn't always disengage from the pin depending on the angle etc. It can be adjusted or you can just grab the rear of the seat and lift up

  3. #3
    noxquse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    40
    +1
    3
    Push down slightly on the cusion near the lock, press the lock and lift up. That might work. Sounds like the lock post needs to be adjusted.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    I bought a 2010 GTX iS 215 this winter and for some reason I cannot seem to get the seat up. We had it up when we inspected the ski before purchase, but now it seems stuck. Am I doing something wrong? I'm pressing the lever and it seems to release but gets caught on something?
    Un-ass the seat first.

  5. #5
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    after you release the lever you need to give it a little help. The latch doesn't always disengage from the pin depending on the angle etc. It can be adjusted or you can just grab the rear of the seat and lift up
    I have tried to grab the rear of the seat and pull with force, it didn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by noxquse View Post
    Push down slightly on the cusion near the lock, press the lock and lift up. That might work. Sounds like the lock post needs to be adjusted.
    I will try this. How do you adjust the lock post?

  6. #6
    HSCOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Berlin/ Germany
    Posts
    42
    +1
    1
    While pulling the leaver I have to pull back my seat a bit to lift it up. Hope this will work for you.

  7. #7
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCOOL View Post
    While pulling the leaver I have to pull back my seat a bit to lift it up. Hope this will work for you.
    Pull towards the front and then up?

  8. #8
    HSCOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Berlin/ Germany
    Posts
    42
    +1
    1
    Towards the back while holding down the lever and it should move up by itself

  9. #9
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    use the seat strap and give a pull towards the back of the ski....The seat post sits at an angle towards the back of the ski so sometimes just releasing the latch doesnt open the seat..I have seen it on 2013's as well as all other models with that seat design....

  10. #10
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Invite a few friends over with a couple 18 packs. All will sort itself out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HELP...Location of oil filter on 2010 GTX 155???
    By 68 stang 19 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
  2. Genesis will not run with the seat on...
    By sdrake in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
  3. repairing the Starter on a gtx 4tec pleas help.
    By kabab in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 11:55 PM
  4. Can I adjust the pisser on a yamaha
    By Water4fire in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 12:11 AM
  5. Can't find the speed on my 03 gp1300r
    By mastice in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •