+1

PWC cash cow UK owners

Ok I new to this and admit I have not even got my project on the water jet (getting close). I have been doing research on areas that its legal to ride inland and coastal. Almost every decent coastal venue requires all owners/users to register the craft showing insurance / qualifications and diameter of asshole (last one I presume is so they can find out how much they can shaft you for). Now I totaly agree to a national registration but the problem is that every coastal authority has jumped on the band wagon so where ever you choose to visit you need to re-register and pay yet another fee (£10 - £15 every registration). With these regstrations you are required to show a sticker on your craft. So for those wanting to visit other areas for site seeing their PWC will end up looking like its contracted a contagious disease with all the damn stickers.
    We need a national registration not another cash thieving scheme. This has made me so damn mad I am seriously considering kissing the slx goodbye and just keep playing on the rib (no reg req)
    Oh and one more thing, I have rya powerboat levels 1, 2 and intermediate which amounts to 4 days training + full no claims. Now insurance companys accept that I am a competent person with powered craft with this and as such deem me low risk for operating a pwc. But inland and coastl areas say I must have the pwc qualifaction. Its gone stark raving mad . All this bs for a but of fun eh.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by auto culto View Post
    Ok I new to this and admit I have not even got my project on the water jet (getting close). I have been doing research on areas that its legal to ride inland and coastal. Almost every decent coastal venue requires all owners/users to register the craft showing insurance / qualifications and diameter of asshole (last one I presume is so they can find out how much they can shaft you for). Now I totaly agree to a national registration but the problem is that every coastal authority has jumped on the band wagon so where ever you choose to visit you need to re-register and pay yet another fee (£10 - £15 every registration). With these regstrations you are required to show a sticker on your craft. So for those wanting to visit other areas for site seeing their PWC will end up looking like its contracted a contagious disease with all the damn stickers.
    We need a national registration not another cash thieving scheme. This has made me so damn mad I am seriously considering kissing the slx goodbye and just keep playing on the rib (no reg req)
    Oh and one more thing, I have rya powerboat levels 1, 2 and intermediate which amounts to 4 days training + full no claims. Now insurance companys accept that I am a competent person with powered craft with this and as such deem me low risk for operating a pwc. But inland and coastl areas say I must have the pwc qualifaction. Its gone stark raving mad . All this bs for a but of fun eh.
    Holy shit, thankfully we dont have any of that BS up here.....we just put them in the water and ride them.

+1
    Looks like its time to dust the tent off and get my ass to Scotland then lol

Thread Information