Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x oil

Hello every one, I purchased a 2008 kawasaki 250x yesterday and I would like to change the oil in it but the problem is i do not know which oiul to use for the kawasaki. In my RXP-X I use the Castrol GTX which works just fine. I was told by the dealer to use any kind of oil that is a grade SJ or SL. Which i have found made by Tottal 7000 semi senthetic.

Need advice from you guys.

Thanks

+1
    I run royal purple 15W-40. But I run the best cause I don't want take any chances with this engine

I wish we had that or AMS oil over here in the United Arab Emirates. Mobil 1, Castrol, Total... is the brands that we have. I use the GTX on my RXPX recomended by the dealer.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by effective View Post
    Hello every one, I purchased a 2008 kawasaki 250x yesterday and I would like to change the oil in it but the problem is i do not know which oiul to use for the kawasaki. In my RXP-X I use the Castrol GTX which works just fine. I was told by the dealer to use any kind of oil that is a grade SJ or SL. Which i have found made by Tottal 7000 semi senthetic.

Need advice from you guys.

Thanks
    The most important on your ski is frequent oil changes not type of oil. Save the money on syn and chagrin your oil more offten

+1
    When I get to my computer I will post up the study we did on a bunch of motorcycle oils and you can. Look qt. Some oils are handle fuel dilution a lot better than others.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    When I get to my computer I will post up the study we did on a bunch of motorcycle oils and you can. Look qt. Some oils are handle fuel dilution a lot better than others.
    The cost does not out way the benefit on a 250. I'm sorry I know your trying to make a sale but. Constant oil changes is the only cure on a 250.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    The cost does not out way the benefit on a 250. I'm sorry I know your trying to make a sale but. Constant oil changes is the only cure on a 250.
    and the ultra 300?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by miami heat View Post
    and the ultra 300?
    It's not needed for rec use racing I run syn

+1
    I'm not trying to make a sale he is not even here in the states and can't get AMSOIL where he lives.. I'm trying to give him information between some petroleum and synthetic oils so he can make his own decision.
    The preferred customer pricing on the AMSOIL is right about the same price as you would pay for factory petroleum oil.

i had an 08 250x that i used YAMALUBE 4W,IT HAD 356hrs on it with no engine problems at all,if i were to choose a synthetic i would have no problem at all running AMSOIL.I now have 2k12 300 ultra that i have been using YAMAHA 4W since its first oil change,34 hrs current with no problems to report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information