Thread: 2004 rxp

2004 rxp

Hi all. New to the forum and the jet ski world. Looking to buy my first ski and hoping I could get some advice. I've been in contact with a guy selling his '04 rxp with 118 hours on it. I'm going to look at it this weekend but from the pictures I can already see that this thing is in GREAT shape. I'll obviously learn more when I see it in person as I plan on doing a compression test and all of the usual inspections.

Here's the issue: the SC has NOT been rebuilt so he is willing to adjust the price appropriately to cover the cost of the job. Does 118 hours of riding without a rebuild pose a problem? I know Seadoo recommends 100 hours so she is overdue but not by a terrible amount (I plan on sending the SC to Jerry for rebuild if I buy it). Besides the SC, are there any other common issues I should be aware of? Any other specific questions I should be throwing at him? How about service records? Right now, I'm mainly concerned with a SC rebuild at 118 hours. Thanks!!

2004 and 2005 skis were also subject to exhaust valve failure. This is more prevalent in the South with saltwater, and lack of winterizing during the winter months.

If the super charger has the original ceramic washers in it, I look at that as being a good thing. If they are on the charger, you know the machine was not abused and that they are not inside the motor.

Thread Information