Torn... GTX Limited iS 260 or RXT-X 260

Finally going to sell the '05 RXP with 340 hrs and looking for a new ski and it's down to the GTX Limited iS 260 or RXT-X 260. Main concern in comparing these two is the extra weight of the suspension.... 980 Lbs vs 834 Lbs for the RXT-X. Is the suspension something that noticeably hurts either acceleration or cornering? We mainly ride on an inland lake and the water is relatively flat and most of the time it will be a 1-up ride. With the suspension is it possible to jump wakes? How would people compare these two?

+1
    If you ride 1 up most of the time on a mostly flat lake, the suspension would be a waste of your money. You need to ride in choppy water or ocean to get the benefit of the suspension..

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by billcruise View Post
    Finally going to sell the '05 RXP with 340 hrs and looking for a new ski and it's down to the GTX Limited iS 260 or RXT-X 260. Main concern in comparing these two is the extra weight of the suspension.... 980 Lbs vs 834 Lbs for the RXT-X. Is the suspension something that noticeably hurts either acceleration or cornering? We mainly ride on an inland lake and the water is relatively flat and most of the time it will be a 1-up ride. With the suspension is it possible to jump wakes? How would people compare these two?
    I was told the suspension one are a nightmare to take apart for serves. I cant find the thread on it. sorry.
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 03-08-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: mis spell

+1
    I've had a few I.S skis and a few rxtx 260's and there is a difference in speed and handling between the two.
    The I.S models are a bit slower out of the whole and handle way different in tight turns.
    Like Tiny said its not worth it for the suspension unless your rough riding in the ocean.
    The rxtx handles much better in the turns and yanks harder out of the hole.
    And yes the I.S models are quite difficult to work on due to the sealed engine compartment.

What ever you buy get the extended warranty and ride the shit out of it.
    They are bad ass skis.

+1
    I'd personally opt for the RXT-X, and did.

I've ridden both of them, and even though I ride 2up most of the time I prefer the RXT-X... due to whats already been said. Mainly the crispness of the handling compared to the IS, which after my test ride I told my girlfriend "That thing's like a Cadillac". While that is nice some of the time, it didn't have the edgyness and rawness that the RXT-X had due to that cushy ride. Also I feared maintenance issues even with a warranty. Even if it's covered under warranty it's still time you're without your ski and that's never a good thing.

Unless you ride water that really warrants the suspension I'd go for the RXT-X. If I did go for a suspension model I'd probably opt for the AS so you could at least firm it up a bit depending on water conditions. Also if you only ride 1up I definitely would opt for the T-X or P-X.

7. +1 by:

Thanks... anyone else have thoughts on one vs. the other?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by billcruise View Post
    Thanks... anyone else have thoughts on one vs. the other?
    No question. RXTX

+1
    I also agree with RXT-X over IS unit if you are not riding rough or have back problems. The other unit you might consider is the RXT 260 depending on the type of riding you will be doing. The RXT 260 has the same hull and motor as the X but a different feature package.

+1
    I like how my non suspension rxtx rides and handles a lot better then my friends rxtx with suspension. If you rode them back to back it would be a no brainer.

+1
    i have a 2011 and a 2012 px.if you are going to ride one up go with a 12 px.it is longer and better looking with awesome handling than the 2011 px.not much shorter than a rxt.handles the rough stuff great.it does lean to one side until you get pass 28 mph but that has to do with the deep hull.it turns on a dime and gives change back.you can still ride 2.do not get me wrong still like the 11 px but dont drive it too much because i have a 12 px.if you want a 3 seater ski than my pick would be a rxtx becuse it looks great and the handle bars and finger throttle just work great together.thanx richard.

13. +1 by:

Thread Information