Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 02 Viage 800 I

+1

02 Viage 800 I

I know another thread, but now I am into injected models, this 800 picked up cheap, guess a service shop had this ski as it has tags on it, saying Spark on #1 and 2, injecters have fuel, #2 has voltage at start up but #1 does not, now I am at a loss on this, If they have spark, but one injectors has no voltage, then EMM issue? right? anyone figure out a way to fix the emm? I read through the thread about this, I just as well do it myself then spend over $600

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The two injectors are powered by the same White/Red wire. Unless the wire is broken, both injectors are receiving the exact same voltage (measured to ground).

If the service shop was not familiar with Ficht diagnostics then they may have been measuring voltage between the two pins on the injector plug, which is if course not the correct method. That said, zero measured voltage across one injector plug suggests the EMM is not firing that injector. My expectation in that case is the EMM has burned out internal components and needs repair.

Pull the covers off the EMM. If you see bubbled gel material or obvious burn marks...

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks K447, ok earlier I checked voltage at injectors, using both neg and pos to both wires, cranked and both had volts that shot up pretty high, it will not get gas as I went ahead and used some starting fluid and it started and ran, so it does have spark, so i will try pos to White red wire and the neg grounded out this time and see what I get, whats the fuel line PSI sapossed to be, I did pull the return line and cranked and all it did was come out allitle slow unlike on the MSX it Shot accrose the room, it does have the grey fuel lines, so I will pull injectors and give them a looksee as well as take off the EMM as you said to give it a once over as well

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caliburn View Post
    ... whats the fuel line PSI supposed to be?

I did pull the return line and cranked and all it did was come out allitle slow unlike on the MSX it Shot across the room, it does have the grey fuel lines, so I will pull injectors and give them a looksee as well as take off the EMM as you said to give it a once over as well
    Sounds like you have multiple things to fix.

The fuel pump itself may be weak/bad (seems likely), or not receiving proper ground and battery voltage (possible, not as likely). Fuel pump inlet could be clogged. I suspect the fuel pump is going to be coming out.

Proper operating fuel pressure for Ficht, with a working pressure regulator, is about 23 PSI.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Ok, checked volts on white wire/red at injecters and grounded to motor, cranked and again, volts through the roof on both, pulled injectors, cranked Nothing not a drop of gas came out, pulled injector heads, filters look good, pulled filters to check open and close, all looked good, pulled EMM, what a pain when winging it LOL,opened up, red pot hard to see boards, tried to pull bottom pot no good, theres to much left behind, Oh Bilge button does nothing, when connect battery, thought i should hear the fuel pump, like on my MSX, nothing but the MFD Cycling that I can tell, so next step??? pull fuel pump, there is a tire gauge nipple on fuel line but Im not waisting my time checking the psi as I know there is probobly none, even when cranking and holding it in barly anything comes out. so whats the best way to get to the fuel pump and how to test it 12v battery lead to it???

Banned User
    +1
    Ground the brown wire at the fuel pump to make it run. When the EMM senses the engine cranking, it grounds the fuel pump, making it run. It won't power up just by connecting the battery.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks, thats strange way for them to do it that way, usually put the key in, activates the fuel pump on all other skis that ive delt with.

+1
    No Bilge pump noise when pressing Bilge? Check fuses or circuit breaker. Next check actual bilge pump.

Battery power to the fuel pump? If not, check fuses or circuit breaker.

On the 2002s I think there is a pair of push button circuit breakers (labeled Reset) near the battery.

+1
    yes a pair of push button breakers,but not tripped, will test everything.
    Last edited by K447; 03-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.

+1
    Ok 12.9 to bilge so its the bilge thats bad, checked all fuses, all look good, tried grounding grey fuel pump wire, nothing, not even cranking depressing tire nipple not a drop came out, so pulled emm got cought up on one lead slipped and hit the bow, luckly caught it befor it hit the ground, got the fuel sending unit out, what a joke,, tested pump and it puts out some good pressure, dismantling the unit the valve that I assume came off the top return line fell off so I sucked on it just to see if it opens any well it does not, so I dont know if its faulty i assume its there to keep back pressure on the fuel lines what psi to check it at? but it could have been off the whole time and would be why I have no pressure, the other thing I did not like was the bottom of the filter when you remove it there is what looks like a float and plunger to close off the bottom inlet, now that does not make sence to me and was thinking about tossing it, so i need your imput on what I should do,I figured on hooking everything back up and if need be hard wire the fuel pump and see if that works.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information