Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Prepping RXP for salt water

Hey you guys i just wanted to post up on this toppic and see what yall thought. Im makin a trip down to Port A for the week to party it up for spring break. Gonna take the RXP with me and see if i cant hit some waves.

For any of you salt water guys out there is there anything i should do before i hit the beach or will i be fine just launching it and riding like i normally do? i had one friend recommend to throw a bilge pump in there and another say stay out of the surf unless i wanna break motor mounts and mess up my hull. Maybe im gettin a lil paranoid because i havent taken her out on salt water yet.....

Thanks you guys,
    Troy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    Hey you guys i just wanted to post up on this toppic and see what yall thought. Im makin a trip down to Port A for the week to party it up for spring break. Gonna take the RXP with me and see if i cant hit some waves.

For any of you salt water guys out there is there anything i should do before i hit the beach or will i be fine just launching it and riding like i normally do? i had one friend recommend to throw a bilge pump in there and another say stay out of the surf unless i wanna break motor mounts and mess up my hull. Maybe im gettin a lil paranoid because i havent taken her out on salt water yet.....

Thanks you guys,
    Troy
    The bilge pump is certainly a good idea!! But do not be concerned about it getting beaten around in the surf. I've had mine out in the rough stuff plenty of times with plenty of hard landings and my hull and engine mounts are holding up fine.
    Be sure to coat EVERYTHING under your seat really well with Inox or silicon spray or equivelant because it will likely get caked in salty residue!

+1
    assuming the beach rules allow u think im ok to launch this boat right on the beach? Ive seen all my stand up buddies do it just never seen someone do it with a couch like mine.

+1
    Yeh, I've done it plenty of times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Yeh, I've done it plenty of times.
    nice! Hell yeah man i really appreciate the help i was gettin all worried but not anymore lol

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    I only ever ride salt and waves. Have never had the luxury of fresh water!

Bilge pump for sure in waves, the RXP's love to take water in from the air inlet behind the rear seat. So if your running a rear air, change it out before you ride waves and salt.

Salt away for washing down after, use it in the engine bay as well. Lots of fogging after the ride.

Allow extra time to clean and maintain your ski after the ride than you normally would.

Oh and if the beach is further away than your normal journey, don't forget trailer maintained before you go and after its been dipped in saltwater.

Have fun.

+1
    assuming the beach rules allow u think im ok to launch this boat right on the beach? Ive seen all my stand up buddies do it just never seen someone do it with a couch like mine.
    Daytona beach will allow you, but not many others will let u launch from the beach. Where abouts are you going to?

+1
    Not Sure of Port Aransas, ( I guess that where your going ) but further to the south on Mustang Island nearer to Corpus you can.

+1
    yeah ill be at port Aransus. I looked it up online and it said were aloud to luanch from beach. Im gonna call a local jet ski rental shop over there and see what they have to say.

+1
    It also depends on what the surf conditions are when you ride, I have seen the Gulf Of Mexico smooth as glass and with head high surf, lots of inter-coastal riding and back bay riding in the Port A. and Corpus area if it is too rough out in the Gulf, take you a tow rope and put it in the front bucket just in case, and a cell phone in a waterproof baggie, good luck,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information