Please need help read this

Please read big problem on rxp 07
    Hey to all in this forum i will like to share this big problems that am having with my 07 rxp ok was turbo blow the motor and i rebuilt the motor used other crankshft same year and went back to stock all and went i try to start the ski start with backfire and hard start look like if is timing wrong i double check timing crank and cam lock both and my timing is 100% good i change ecu , injectors , fuel pump, tps is good map no ic leak and no code i told my friend about my problem and they tell me its timing am having a headache with all stock and its having more problem that a race ski plz pm or help in this

+1
    check your ignition? I had a similiar problem with my race car but it turned out the Ant-lag was somehow engaged so when i went to crank it would cut ignition every other cycle and it would just make a pop sound and not really start.

+1
    Did you line the trigger wheel up to the pin in the crank gear?

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    Did you line the trigger wheel up to the pin in the crank gear?
    Yes i line up this in amazing

I just put new spark and start up almost good but went to try on the canal and start the same thing back again 6700rpm with no power backfire and nok noise like if going to blow wear this is ready crazy i check the spark and looks like if the ski if way rich and all is stock don't understand

+1
    Just to clarify a bit..

Its a completely back to stock Rxp 255 engine. The timing is perfect. Ecu, injectors, wire harness , manifold, throttle body, all sensors, fuel pump & fuel, flywheel, oil coolant, have been inspected and or changed. ( I'm pretty sure im missing something because we don't know what else to change on the ski).

The ski (gprxp) as of right now SEEMS to be perfectly fine until it hits the water. It accelerates but bogging as if it had a huge prop. Only Hits 7200rpm (hits 8200 on trailer) and that's with a stock gp1300 prop. It doesn't even spin out of the whole.
    The ski while under little acceleration will make some "Tik" sounds as if it were a misfire. In top end it doesn't have that problem however, but again it only hits 7200 rpm and is in the low 70's mph. ( Boosting 6-7lbs) ( X-charger)

We believe the engine itself is in perfect condition due to the way its running however our main concern is something electrical that we might have missed. (Go figure, its a Sea Doo ;p )
    All that's left to check (and some input on this theory would be great), is the tps sensor. When we tried to reset it we were unable to since it had a faulty tps sensor. We now have a working one and are waiting for a friend this coming week to reset it for us. We were told that since its not calibrated correctly while under throttle the air goes in but there could be a delay on the injectors. (That sounds pretty logical).
    Although we've tried about 5 throttle bodies, manifolds, ecu's, and tps sensors it still seems to have that problem so currently were waiting to calibrate one correctly and diagnose from there.

If anyone has had any issues similar to these the help would be very much appreciated. If anyone needs anymore info i would be happy to clarify anything further.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    +1 on the tps reset. i had a weird issue with the map sensor recently...we had to unplug it, start it, shut it off, plug it back in and restart it. you might as well try that too lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    +1 on the tps reset. i had a weird issue with the map sensor recently...we had to unplug it, start it, shut it off, plug it back in and restart it. you might as well try that too lol

Yas , this has definately been changed many times already

Quote Originally Posted by Itz javi View Post

Hello, some of crankshaft we had this type of problem (the gear is shot) so that the wheel does not match spark should check this out racing engines we insert a pin / pin to prevent girino.Ciao

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itz javi View Post

Hello, some of crankshaft we had this type of problem (the gear is shot) so that the wheel does not match spark should check this out racing engines we insert a pin / pin to prevent girino.Ciao
    The next thing on my list is to inspect the crankshaft if the tps reset does not work. This is surely something that I have been having a doubt about..
    Its an 09 crankshaft with less than 50 hours, however it did come from a different race ski, I guess at this stage anything is possible..

Thread Information