Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    R&D free flow exhaust question

    Hi everyone!

    Does anyone knows if the R&D free flow exhaust can be installed with the original rubber hose without cutting it?? I want a little more sound and have the chance to go back to stock without trimming my OEM hoses if i dont like the drone. Thanks!



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	escape r&d.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	294510


  2. #2
    Anyone??

  3. #3
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    kinda looks like it installs using the oem exhaust without having to cut it like the riva kit does, no install instructions ???

  4. #4
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by rologp View Post
    Hi everyone!

    Does anyone knows if the R&D free flow exhaust can be installed with the original rubber hose without cutting it?? I want a little more sound and have the chance to go back to stock without trimming my OEM hoses if i dont like the drone. Thanks!



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	escape r&d.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	294510
    No need to cut the factory hose with the R&D free flow.

  5. +1 by:

    N8R

  6. #5
    @JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Minnesota
    Posts
    1,862
    +1
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    kinda looks like it installs using the oem exhaust without having to cut it like the riva kit does, no install instructions ???
    The R&D instructions aren't online but yes you do have to cut the outlet pipe. Not on the curve like the Riva one but after it straightens out i believe 5" from the end of the pipe but don't quote me. It tells you in the instructions that come with it, that's the main difference along with no black powder coat and you don't rotate the outlet pipe like you do with the Riva. If he doesn't want to cut I believe the RRated exhaust, just buying couplers and fitting it yourself or the free mod are the only options.

    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    No need to cut the factory hose with the R&D free flow.
    According to the instructions they sent me you do, I'll scan them when I can dig them out, haven't installed it yet.

  7. #6
    @JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Minnesota
    Posts
    1,862
    +1
    994
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R&DFFdiag.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	294675
    Last edited by @JC; 03-11-2013 at 12:26 PM.

  8. #7
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    kinda looks like it installs using the oem exhaust without having to cut it like the riva kit does, no install instructions ???
    The R&D instructions aren't online but yes you do have to cut the outlet pipe. Not on the curve like the Riva one but after it straightens out i believe 5" from the end of the pipe but don't quote me. It tells you in the instructions that come with it, that's the main difference along with no black powder coat and you don't rotate the outlet pipe like you do with the Riva. If he doesn't want to cut I believe the RRated exhaust, just buying couplers and fitting it yourself or the free mod are the only options.

    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    No need to cut the factory hose with the R&D free flow.
    According to the instructions they sent me you do, I'll scan them when I can dig them out, haven't installed it yet.
    Yep, check the classified for an RRated Freeflow if you are interested!

  9. #8
    Thanks guys for your imput, then the only choice to go back to OEM is the R-Rated exhaust......

  10. #9
    @JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Minnesota
    Posts
    1,862
    +1
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by rologp View Post
    Thanks guys for your imput, then the only choice to go back to OEM is the R-Rated exhaust......
    You can also do the free mod http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117030 , only pipe you have to cut is inside of the big resonator box so it would never be seen for any warranty issue. Otherwise yes, buy the R Rated, yellow has one for sale cheap in the Yamaha Classified section since he went to a rear exit I believe.

    Alternatively you could just buy the yamaha elbow pipe as a replacement part and then you have a replacement piece if you ever need to throw it all back to stock.

  11. +1 by:


  12. #10
    Thanks @JC, i already have the "Thommy Jordan" free flow mod, but i want better sound and clean up the back of the ski as well..... Yellow already pmīd me for the RRated.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 px free flow exhaust question
    By jeffyp06 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 01:37 AM
  2. free flow exhaust question
    By sbaird4000 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
  3. 2000 Seadoo GTX DI - Free Flow Exhaust Question
    By MILIMITED00 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 11:32 AM
  4. simple gpr questions free flow exhaust questions
    By rostin07 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
  5. Free FLow exhaust question
    By wishihad1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 07:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •