Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Polaris Genesis 1200 2001

I got a polaris genesis hull 2001 that has the engine and electronics missing. it had a 1200 fuel injection and since I have a 1050 crank and cases I was just going to put a carburetor 1200 in there. Is there that big of a difference or what do you guys think I should do?
    Last edited by K447; 03-14-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    It would work just fine if you have all of the parts to do it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Lots of differences in the small stuff. Different fuel tank sender (different fuel tank?).

Completely different electrical, including electric reverse on the Genesis.

No choke handle, cable on the fuel injected hull.

Different exhaust system, different exhaust manifold?

Different jet pump impeller pitch for the smaller engine.

Probably some other things ...

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Lots of differences in the small stuff. Different fuel tank sender (different fuel tank?).
    Yes, tank is different. Carbed model has the small neck for a fuel sender pickup. FI ski has the large hole for the pump/sender.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    Yes, tank is different. Carbed model has the small neck for a fuel sender pickup. FI ski has the large hole for the pump/sender.
    2004? Freedom is a carb engine with the large style fuel tank opening. The Freedom parts list includes an adapter to mount the carb type sender in the Ficht type fuel tank.

Okay what do you think fuel injection I have a 1050 stator and cdi bottom 1050 crank and cases so what do I need and what's the cost for both ways what's the power differance

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski4ever View Post
    Okay what do you think fuel injection I have a 1050 stator and cdi bottom 1050 crank and cases so what do I need and what's the cost for both ways what's the power differance
    What is the question?

The 1200 engine has more bottom end torque and is rated around 135HP. The 1050 is a somewhat higher revving engine rated around 120HP. Since the Genesis is such a large and heavy hull, the 1050 engine will get it moving, but it will not be terribly happy about it. Acceleration and top speed will be reduced with the 1050 engine.

The Ficht fuel injected engines are fairly reliable, once the EMM has been updated by DFI. The original flywheels sometimes fail, but again that tends to be a one time problem. The newer 12 magnet flywheels are more reliable. The last weak spot on the Ficht engines is the OEM pressure regulator inside the fuel pump. It can be repaired or modified to correct the problem or an external Kawasaki regulator can be installed.

The Ficht engines tend to provide good fuel economy, better than most carb engines. Linear throttle response and easy starting hot or cold. No choke, not even a fuel shut off valve to remember.

Banned User
    +1
    So are you installing a 1200 or a 1050? You are talking about parts from both.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    2004? Freedom is a carb engine with the large style fuel tank opening. The Freedom parts list includes an adapter to mount the carb type sender in the Ficht type fuel tank.
    Do you study parts manuals at night? Wow you are good. Yes, the nut that fits on the DFI tanks work on all 99-04 genesis' therefore confirming that the adapter from a 04 freedom should work. The DFI fuel pump assembly is the same for all years so the depth at that point will also be the same. My previous comment was just that the carb models did infact come with a different tank.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    So are you installing a 1200 or a 1050? You are talking about parts from both.
    i always was going to instal a 1200 but i was told that the bottom end is the same as a 1050 is that true?

the question was di or carb the guy has all the injectors and the electronics and he was taking them out so i am at a stand still i want to keep the price around 1500 for everything i got the hull for 150 so what do you guys think, what will last longer, more power, overall DI or Carb????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information