Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1-place or 2-place trailer

I will be buying a new PWC trailer for my new RXT-X aS 260. I'm am seriously considering a Triton Elite. Should it be a 1-place or 2-place?

The 1-place is almost a foot longer and the PWC sits lower to the ground. That should make it easier to launch/retrive the PWC, but is the difference really significant?

The 2-place would be a smart buy if we where to get a second PWC (not currently planned) and may appeal to more buyers when the day comes to sell it.

The price difference is about $300 dollars, which isn't too terribly much considering a nicely equipped Triton Elite is about $2000 plus or minus.

What are your opinions? 1-place or 2=place?

I recently purchased a Waverunner and faced the same decision. I decided to go with the two-place. As you said, it's not much more money and gives extra flexibility in the future if you sell or if you by a second PWC.

Banned User
    +1
    i have a gp1200r and and rxp and prefer the two seperate single place ski trailers. easy to move around by hand or truck, easier to get around, maintain(sounds dumb), can use them both when ones down if needed

+1
    Do you have any friends with skis? A double trailer comes in handy when you want to take a road trip with someone else and don't want to take two cars.

I don't have any friends, much less with skiis!

Actually that's something I did not think about...thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by SCHNORR12 View Post
    Do you have any friends with skis? A double trailer comes in handy when you want to take a road trip with someone else and don't want to take two cars.

+1
    I'm currently in the market for a 4-5 place, the more the merrier when we wanna take a trip. My experience with a 2 place trailer with one ski on board is a hunting kinda back and forth at speeds above 65. If you do a lot of interstate driving you may want to get another ski fast or just get a single trailer. I guess you could tilt the bunks to allow the single ski to ride in the middle and fix that though...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeypwc View Post
    ... The 1-place is almost a foot longer and the PWC sits lower to the ground. That should make it easier to launch/retrive the PWC, but is the difference really significant? ...
    The tongue can be extended with a swing-away hinged tongue extender kit. Fulton sells them in several lengths, and I have added the 36 inch version to my own Triton Elite double trailer.

With a single watercraft on a double trailer, lean towards having some extra tongue weight (say 10% of the total) to keep the trailer steady at speed. Light tongue loading tends to aggravate trailer wag.

+1
    I haven't had any trouble with trailer wag yet, driving one ski at 75 MPH on a double trailer very often.

Thank you for the input folks. It is much appreciated!

I'm leaning towards a 2-place.

+1
    Hello for what its worth I have 3 skis on their own trailers ... you can store better on seperate trailers ... but still wish I had a double for those days when I would like to take two skis to events. If I had my choice I would get the 2-place .... youn will find a time to have a 2nd ski or hull a friends. At current gas prices its alot better to have a friend share the drive and tow 2 & its fun

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information