Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    daverxp4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    montreal,canada
    Posts
    1,323

    2004 sc upgrade to 2006 sc

    I would like to know if anyone knows the part number for the 2006 SC upgrade as i am changing it from the 2004 SC.
    from my understanding it is only the shaft that is thicker then the 04 sc so how does it fit the 04 model housing?
    upgrade will be 2006 metal washers+ceramic bearings GH and a riva impeller.
    any other info that might help will be apreciated.
    also would like to know how many guys are running water strainers on stock IC as i read about it in the personal watercraft illustrated march/april issue (pro tec) engine water filter?
    thank you


  2. #2
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Im guessing but i bet the bearings are a different size.

  3. #3
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Only the part where the washers go is different from what i understand, jerry selss the ceramic bearings which fit all years....

    the Rotax Racing rebuilt kit is just an 06 OE spec item...thats what you need....honestly its not worth doing unless yours is really shot to hell...i have the 04 spec and i am just doing metal washers and ceramic bearings....

  4. #4
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    I would put a water strainer on it. I have had one on every ski I have had, and they ALWAYS catch something....mostly weeds around where I ride.

  5. #5
    the 06 up date is a longer shaft so u can run the thicker cermanic washers,the bearings r the same size, i guess sea-doo was hopeing that would take care of the s/c problems, with the metal washers u really dont need 2 do the 06 update just buy the 04 metal washers & install them,shim if if needed 2 get proper clutch slippage, since u already have the 06 metal washers u'll need 2 do the 06 update it wont hurt anything just cost a few more $$$
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-20-2007 at 03:34 PM.

  6. #6
    daverxp4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    montreal,canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    the 06 up date is a longer shaft so u can run the thicker cermanic washers,the bearings r the same size, i guess sea-doo was hopeing that would take care of the s/c problems, with the metal washers u really dont need 2 do the 06 update just buy the 04 metal washers & install them,shim if if needed 2 get proper clutch slippage, since u already have the 06 metal washers u'll need 2 do the 06 update it wont hurt anything just cost a few more $$$
    it will cost me only a deductible of $50 since my 04 failed the torque test
    and i get a new upgraded set up with the GH extras and a better air flow.
    so the only thing is the inside shaft is thicker for my new 06 washers and ceramic bearings but the housing remains the same?
    my supercharger is red all the new ones are black.
    anybody knows the part #for the 06 upgrade who ever did it under warrenty?

  7. #7
    daverxp4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    montreal,canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I would put a water strainer on it. I have had one on every ski I have had, and they ALWAYS catch something....mostly weeds around where I ride.
    I was looking at it and it seems also a simple instalation i guess just cut the hose and connect to the 2 ends of the strainer with the water flow.
    I dont start my ski unless 3 feet of water min but there is always sand floating
    with the curent so i thought getting one from a pool place they are retelitavely cheap and extra peace of mind.
    does that mean my IC IS FULL OF SAND AND GRASS? i do flush ski once in a while on the hose and i run fresh water.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4 View Post
    it will cost me only a deductible of $50 since my 04 failed the torque test
    and i get a new upgraded set up with the GH extras and a better air flow.
    so the only thing is the inside shaft is thicker for my new 06 washers and ceramic bearings but the housing remains the same?
    my supercharger is red all the new ones are black.
    anybody knows the part #for the 06 upgrade who ever did it under warrenty?
    i have a 04 rxp with the 06 metal washers & shaft, the 06 washers r thicker so the shaft has 2 b longer 2 fit not thicker the cermanic bearings will fit all yrs s/c we just went over my s/c adding a shim, putting the cermanic bearings & riva s3 s/c
    why don't u add a rr s/c fan while u have the s/c apart
    don't worry about it everything u have will fit
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-20-2007 at 07:33 PM.

  9. #9
    Kaybat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    1,735
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I would put a water strainer on it. I have had one on every ski I have had, and they ALWAYS catch something....mostly weeds around where I ride.

    Thats gotta be a geographic thing...I've never found more than a couple of grains of sand in mine....

  10. #10
    daverxp4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    montreal,canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i have a 04 rxp with the 06 metal washers & shaft, the 06 washers r thicker so the shaft has 2 b longer 2 fit not thicker the cermanic bearings will fit all yrs s/c we just went over my s/c adding a shim, putting the cermanic bearings & riva s3 s/c
    why don't u add a rr s/c fan while u have the s/c apart
    don't worry about it everything u have will fit
    ok thanks i am putting the riva s/c on while i have it apart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 05 rxt sc rebuild, any suggestions for upgrades to sc
    By mrgreen in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 10:48 AM
  2. 2006 RXP Upgrade to RXP-X ECU Question
    By Badvgood in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 10:44 PM
  4. Confused on what SC upgrade to go
    By rxp_boy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 11:45 AM
  5. 2004 to 2006 RXP upgrade
    By RXP_kompressor in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •