Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 sc upgrade to 2006 sc

I would like to know if anyone knows the part number for the 2006 SC upgrade as i am changing it from the 2004 SC.
    from my understanding it is only the shaft that is thicker then the 04 sc so how does it fit the 04 model housing?
    upgrade will be 2006 metal washers+ceramic bearings GH and a riva impeller.
    any other info that might help will be apreciated.
    also would like to know how many guys are running water strainers on stock IC as i read about it in the personal watercraft illustrated march/april issue (pro tec) engine water filter?
    thank you

Im guessing but i bet the bearings are a different size.

+1
    Only the part where the washers go is different from what i understand, jerry selss the ceramic bearings which fit all years....

the Rotax Racing rebuilt kit is just an 06 OE spec item...thats what you need....honestly its not worth doing unless yours is really shot to hell...i have the 04 spec and i am just doing metal washers and ceramic bearings....

I would put a water strainer on it. I have had one on every ski I have had, and they ALWAYS catch something....mostly weeds around where I ride.

the 06 up date is a longer shaft so u can run the thicker cermanic washers,the bearings r the same size, i guess sea-doo was hopeing that would take care of the s/c problems, with the metal washers u really dont need 2 do the 06 update just buy the 04 metal washers & install them,shim if if needed 2 get proper clutch slippage, since u already have the 06 metal washers u'll need 2 do the 06 update it wont hurt anything just cost a few more $$$
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-20-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    the 06 up date is a longer shaft so u can run the thicker cermanic washers,the bearings r the same size, i guess sea-doo was hopeing that would take care of the s/c problems, with the metal washers u really dont need 2 do the 06 update just buy the 04 metal washers & install them,shim if if needed 2 get proper clutch slippage, since u already have the 06 metal washers u'll need 2 do the 06 update it wont hurt anything just cost a few more $$$
    it will cost me only a deductible of $50 since my 04 failed the torque test
    and i get a new upgraded set up with the GH extras and a better air flow.
    so the only thing is the inside shaft is thicker for my new 06 washers and ceramic bearings but the housing remains the same?
    my supercharger is red all the new ones are black.
    anybody knows the part #for the 06 upgrade who ever did it under warrenty?

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I would put a water strainer on it. I have had one on every ski I have had, and they ALWAYS catch something....mostly weeds around where I ride.
    I was looking at it and it seems also a simple instalation i guess just cut the hose and connect to the 2 ends of the strainer with the water flow.
    I dont start my ski unless 3 feet of water min but there is always sand floating
    with the curent so i thought getting one from a pool place they are retelitavely cheap and extra peace of mind.
    does that mean my IC IS FULL OF SAND AND GRASS? i do flush ski once in a while on the hose and i run fresh water.

Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4 View Post
    it will cost me only a deductible of $50 since my 04 failed the torque test
    and i get a new upgraded set up with the GH extras and a better air flow.
    so the only thing is the inside shaft is thicker for my new 06 washers and ceramic bearings but the housing remains the same?
    my supercharger is red all the new ones are black.
    anybody knows the part #for the 06 upgrade who ever did it under warrenty?
    i have a 04 rxp with the 06 metal washers & shaft, the 06 washers r thicker so the shaft has 2 b longer 2 fit not thicker the cermanic bearings will fit all yrs s/c we just went over my s/c adding a shim, putting the cermanic bearings & riva s3 s/c
    why don't u add a rr s/c fan while u have the s/c apart
    don't worry about it everything u have will fit
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-20-2007 at 07:33 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post

Thats gotta be a geographic thing...I've never found more than a couple of grains of sand in mine....

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i have a 04 rxp with the 06 metal washers & shaft, the 06 washers r thicker so the shaft has 2 b longer 2 fit not thicker the cermanic bearings will fit all yrs s/c we just went over my s/c adding a shim, putting the cermanic bearings & riva s3 s/c
    why don't u add a rr s/c fan while u have the s/c apart
    don't worry about it everything u have will fit
    ok thanks i am putting the riva s/c on while i have it apart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information