Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best bang for the buck...help me out

I'm sure this question has been on here before but I did some research and still have mixed feelings I'm looking into getting my second pwc soon I had a 96' seadoo cop last summer and sold it at the end of summer now it's time for another.... So I'm looking for something used in the 3500 dollar range my question is what the best bang for the buck mostly looking for reliablity and dnt want to be the slowest either but I know speed cost money lol I live in south Florida so skis are common but what's the best ski out there for a recreational rider looking to ride every weekend or so with more time on the water and not in the shop ?!? Been looking into some rxp's mayb rxt's the aquatrax and the gp1300r which is the best all around ski best years and models ?? any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated thanks in advance !!

+1
    Stay away from the Hondas..Hard to get parts and hard to find anyone to work on them....

+1
    The Kawasaki 15f is fun fast ultra reliable

+1
    Dito, the Kawa 15f, great ski ... no turbo or superchargers to deal with Also a late model Yamaha VX makes for a very reliable rec ski. Either one are good choices .... the Yammy may hedge out the Kawa for little or no maintence / shop time needed. Good Luck

+1
    Any 4 stroke without a supercharger.

Banned User
    +1
    Gp1200/1300r easy and cheap to work on, pretty quick stock. Can make fast cheaply, tons of info in them

7. +1 by:

are the supercharged skis that much of a problem ? i was told the 06 and up rxp's /rxt's where pretty good ? im kinda leaning towards a 4 stroke seadoo cuz they seem to be cheaper to find like 04'-05' models but are these any good ? im kinda stuck between the rxp and a gp1200/1300r which would you guys suggest ?? i wanna be in the high 60's low 70's if possible? thanks again for all the input

+1
    Personally I like 4-strokes. Supercharged skis are prone to more issues because there's more parts. From experience with my ultra I have had no issues. I ride with some guys with rxt/rxp and the only issues they had with the supercharger was doing a washer mod to prevent issues. I must admit that the gpr haul is quick and fun on flat water for sure and like the other guys said u can do so much to them for cheaper then a 4-stroke. Hope tht helps

+1
    Gpr! For the money nothing will touch it for performance and reliability IMO.

+1
    Agreed plus it leaves u with the option of throwing a 1.8 supercharged motor in for a future winter project. Gotta think ahead!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information